Senior UX/UI Designer
At Appspace, we’re passionate about creating better work experiences for people everywhere, and we’re looking for people that feel the same way. Our global office locations and flexible work culture help you work wherever and however you’re at your best. Plus, we take the time to help you enjoy your work, build lasting connections, and grow your role. Join the Appspace team and be a part of a culture that’s helping people everywhere love where they work.
Your Role as a Senior UX/UI Designer:
We are seeking an innovative Senior UI/UX Designer to join our Design Services team. As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you will play a crucial role in shaping the user interface and user experience for custom solutions for Appspace customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in UI/UX design, demonstrate proficiency in general graphic design skills, and be passionate about creating intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces. This role will work closely with the Art Director and help take lead on UI/UX projects along with assisting the team on other Service Delivery design needs. They will be expected to collaborate regularly with cross-functional teams to understand customer needs and provide design solutions tailored to the unique requirements of our clients. Additionally, they will be a mentor to the other designers on the team.
A Day in the Life of a Senior UX/UI Designer:
- User-Centric Design:
- Lead the user experience and interface design efforts utilizing Appspace product catalog, ensuring a seamless and user-friendly interaction with our digital solutions.
- Collaborate with other members of the service delivery teams to gather insights into customer needs.
- UI/UX Strategy:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product designers, developers, and service delivery team members, to define and implement UI/UX strategies.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices, emerging trends, and innovative design solutions in the context of Appspace products.
- Prototyping and Wireframing:
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and interactive mockups..
- Iterate and refine designs based on feedback from both internal stakeholders and customers.
- Visual Design:
- Develop high-fidelity visual designs for Appspace that align with brand guidelines and enhance the overall user experience.
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to ensure a consistent visual identity across all touchpoints.
- Graphic Design:
- Apply general design skills to create visually appealing assets for Appspace, including custom themes, icons, and content templates.
- Ability to provide support on other design services within Design Services such as layout design, presentations, and other assets. (motion design in video is a plus)
- Engage cross-functionally team members to understand customer pain points, preferences, and unique use cases, and incorporate these insights into the design process.
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure the feasibility and successful implementation of UI components within Appspace products.
- Work with other designers and content strategists to develop solutions
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or a related field.
- Proven 3-5 year experience as a UI/UX designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful projects in the context of enterprise software or digital signage.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite and Figma).
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design.
- Familiarity with front-end development is a plus.
Appspace Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation, and training are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, marital status, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Appspace is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.