Software Engineering Manager
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2022
Who we are:
Known as the Work Life Platform, Bayzat is one of the leading employee benefits SaaS platforms that is on a constant mission to make a world class employee experience accessible to every company. We are redefining the way work works for the better, making automated HR, Payroll, Employee Benefits and Insurance a possibility for all businesses.
We are one of the fastest growing startups in the MENA region with just over 300 members from 35+ different nationalities. We were listed by Forbes as "One of the most promising UAE-based startups" and are backed by world leading VCs such as Mubadala and Point72 ventures. We are also one of the best-funded scale ups in the HRTech space across the region.
We are a principle-led, meritocratic company that puts culture at the core of everything. As a Bayzat member, you will constantly be surrounded by high achieving individuals and teams who have a knack for solving complex problems and are relentlessly pursuing success in everything they do. Being part of such an environment will push you to constantly be the best version of yourself and capitalize on every opportunity to improve, whilst drawing inspiration from like-minded, hungry people from all around you
How we got to where we are today, and the reason we will continue to thrive, is by hiring best-in-class talent and building a culture that allows people to be the truest, most authentic and unpretentious versions of themselves.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead a key pillar for the finTech arm at Bayzat. We’re looking for a leader with a strong background in building scalable products; we need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with lots of moving pieces.
Some high-impact responsibilities you will be entrusted with:
- Hiring and building out engineering teams for existing and new squads across Bayzat’s technology organization.
- Staying close to the product teams, customer success, and in some instances, our key customers to understand stakeholder needs to drive smart solutions for complex problems.
- Be responsible for driving great execution, and increasing the effectiveness of delivery teams by implementing appropriate processes, setting expectations, and managing risk.
- Running high-level experiments and working closely with OKR tribes and non-engineering leadership teams.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and guide teams of motivated individuals for delivery excellence
- Ensuring constant succession planning, career development, and engagement initiatives are taking place within your teams.
- Ensuring that Bayzat’s culture is nurtured at the high results-focused level it’s at.
What you will need to have:
- Extensive experience in cross-functional engineering leadership.
- Over 5 years of software development experience.
- Previous experience in growing an engineering team from early stages/rounds (seed/series A) to later rounds, is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in designing software solutions and managing teams in the fintech space is highly desirable.
- Experience working within a product-led company that places value on coaching and servant leadership.
- Previous experience working in cross-functional teams that balance product and engineering needs.
- A critical thinker who can break complex problems into their simplest components.
- An excellent communicator with infectious energy, and a flare for motivating others.
- Exposure to automated testing, and modern CI/CD pipelines to ensure engineering quality and rigor.
- Previous exposure to banking-as-a-service (BAAS) solutions and/or payments domain is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading teams in a remote-first environment.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, memory management, performance considerations, and trade-offs
What’s in it for you? Perks!
Bayzat is committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative working environment where everyone's background and ideas count. Our culture encourages members to be the best versions of themselves, while taking advantage of our perks:
Growth: Fast track growth opportunities for high achieving members, with no rules around where, when, how, or how often.
Flexibility: Remote and flexible/hybrid working setups.
Inclusiveness: From bi-weekly company-wide town halls/all-hands meetings, to regular huddles, OKR tribe meetings, celebratory dinner parties, and annual awards ceremonies held in the Metaverse, you'll be joining a truly inclusive and engaging workplace.
Share Ownership: We make them shareholders! We open up rounds of ESOP twice to three times a year. And guess what, those who continue to perform and achieve great things are topped up, almost every round!
Kick-ass offices: We have offices in UAE, Turkey, Saudi, and India. One of our two Dubai-based offices is in the DIFC FinTech Hive, which is the first and largest financial technology accelerator in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region.