Lead Security Software Engineer
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Who we are:
Known as the Work Life Platform, Bayzat is one of the leading employee benefits SaaS platforms that is on a constant mission to make a world class employee experience accessible to every company. We are redefining the way work works for the better, making automated HR, Payroll, Employee Benefits and Insurance a possibility for all businesses.
We are one of the fastest growing startups in the MENA region with just over 300 members from 35+ different nationalities. We were listed by Forbes as "One of the most promising UAE-based startups" and are backed by world leading VCs such as Mubadala and Point72 ventures. We are also one of the best-funded scale ups in the HRTech space across the region.
We are a principle-led, meritocratic company that puts culture at the core of everything. As a Bayzat member, you will constantly be surrounded by high achieving individuals and teams who have a knack for solving complex problems and are relentlessly pursuing success in everything they do. Being part of such an environment will push you to constantly be the best version of yourself and capitalize on every opportunity to improve, whilst drawing inspiration from like-minded, hungry people from all around you
How we got to where we are today, and the reason we will continue to thrive, is by hiring best-in-class talent and building a culture that allows people to be the truest, most authentic and unpretentious versions of themselves.
We're looking for a Lead Security Engineer with a proven experience in web application security. The ideal candidate would have experience in establishing a secure development lifecycle in SaaS enterprises or have participated in a similar environment. You will work with experienced product engineers, platform engineers, and stakeholders within the organization to understand security requirements. Most importantly, we want you take pride in the Bayzat platform as it is under the ownership and responsibility of the entire team and that includes you!
What will you be doing?
- Evaluate current security measures and plan a roadmap to achieve a state-of-the-art secure development lifecycle that goes along with high paced development team
- Introduce security practices where you find necessary
- Invest in good security tools along the way & see how they perform at the scale of our Engineering team
- Lead and guide your team of motivated individuals for delivery excellence
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to prioritize objectives, gather requirements, understand constraints and concerns
- Collaborating with the Engineering team to work on Web Application Security fundamentals, roadmap planning
- Hire the best security engineers for the job
What are we looking for?
- Over 5 years of security engineering experience
- Previously managed/led a security engineering team or aspire to do so with a solid personal development plan
- Proven web application security experience
- Cloud application security or architecture knowledge
- Strong DevOps culture understanding and DevSecOps mentality, promote security in a high-pace deployment environment
- Familiarity with industry-standard security certifications like ISO 27001, HIPAA
- Familiarity with user-data privacy practices, GDPR compliance
- Strong English and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving mindset
Nice to have:
- Software engineering experience
- AWS/GCP Cloud application development experience
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Previous experience in growing an engineering team from early stages/rounds (seed/series A) to later rounds, is highly desirable
What’s in it for you? Perks!
Bayzat is committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative working environment where everyone's background and ideas count. Our culture encourages members to be the best versions of themselves, while taking advantage of our perks:
Growth: Fast track growth opportunities for high achieving members, with no rules around where, when, how, or how often.
Flexibility: Remote and flexible/hybrid working setups.
Inclusiveness: From bi-weekly company-wide town halls/all-hands meetings, to regular huddles, OKR tribe meetings, celebratory dinner parties, and annual awards ceremonies held in the Metaverse, you'll be joining a truly inclusive and engaging workplace.
Share Ownership: We make them shareholders! We open up rounds of ESOP twice to three times a year. And guess what, those who continue to perform and achieve great things are topped up, almost every round!
Kick-ass offices: We have offices in UAE, Turkey, Saudi, and India. One of our two Dubai-based offices is in the DIFC FinTech Hive, which is the first and largest financial technology accelerator in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region.