General Insurance - Underwriter
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Who we are:
Known as the Work Life Platform, Bayzat is one of the leading employee benefits SaaS platforms that is on a constant mission to make a world class employee experience accessible to every company. We are redefining the way work works for the better, making automated HR, Payroll, Employee Benefits and Insurance a possibility for all businesses.
We are one of the fastest growing startups in the MENA region with just over 300 members from 35+ different nationalities. We were listed by Forbes as "One of the most promising UAE-based startups" and are backed by world leading VCs such as Mubadala and Point72 ventures. We are also one of the best-funded scale ups in the HRTech space across the region.
We are a principle-led, meritocratic company that puts culture at the core of everything. As a Bayzat member, you will constantly be surrounded by high achieving individuals and teams who have a knack for solving complex problems and are relentlessly pursuing success in everything they do. Being part of such an environment will push you to constantly be the best version of yourself and capitalize on every opportunity to improve, whilst drawing inspiration from like-minded, hungry people from all around you
How we got to where we are today, and the reason we will continue to thrive, is by hiring best-in-class talent and building a culture that allows people to be the truest, most authentic and unpretentious versions of themselves.
The role of the GI – Underwriter is to be the liaison between the Sales Team and GI Insurers by supporting with assessing clients’ risks and requirements, and ensuring the same is fulfilled through our market study.
Some high-impact responsibilities you will be entrusted with:
- You will entrusted with approaching the insurers with quote requests tailored as optimal solutions for our clients.
- Supporting the sales teams with negotiations on clauses, extensions, warranties, and premiums.
- You will be tasked with strengthening relationships with insurers, positively impacting our client retention and new business acquisition
What you will need to have
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a GI underwriter preferably with an insurance broker
- Extensive knowledge of GI policies including but not limited to Casualty, Liabilities, & Marine.
- High level of organization and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to fully understand nature of clients’ GI Risks, recommend and tailor quote requests, compare options and provide optimal advice to clients.
- Experience in GI claims management.
- Premium collection
- Booking & allocation of payments received
- Good communication skills
What’s in it for you? Perks!
Bayzat is committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative working environment where everyone's background and ideas count. Our culture encourages members to be the best versions of themselves, while taking advantage of our perks:
Growth: Fast track growth opportunities for high achieving members, with no rules around where, when, how, or how often.
Flexibility: Remote and flexible/hybrid working setups.
Inclusiveness: From bi-weekly company-wide town halls/all-hands meetings, to regular huddles, OKR tribe meetings, celebratory dinner parties, and annual awards ceremonies held in the Metaverse, you'll be joining a truly inclusive and engaging workplace.
Share Ownership: We make them shareholders! We open up rounds of ESOP twice to three times a year. And guess what, those who continue to perform and achieve great things are topped up, almost every round!
Kick-ass offices: We have offices in UAE, Turkey, Saudi, and India. One of our two Dubai-based offices is in the DIFC FinTech Hive, which is the first and largest financial technology accelerator in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region.