Accounts Receivable Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Who we are:
Known as the Work Life Platform, Bayzat is one of the leading employee benefits SaaS platforms that is on a constant mission to make a world class employee experience accessible to every company. We are redefining the way work works for the better, making automated HR, Payroll, Employee Benefits and Insurance a possibility for all businesses.
We are one of the fastest growing startups in the MENA region with just over 300 members from 35+ different nationalities. We were listed by Forbes as "One of the most promising UAE-based startups" and are backed by world leading VCs such as Mubadala and Point72 ventures. We are also one of the best-funded scale ups in the HRTech space across the region.
We are a principle-led, meritocratic company that puts culture at the core of everything. As a Bayzat member, you will constantly be surrounded by high achieving individuals and teams who have a knack for solving complex problems and are relentlessly pursuing success in everything they do. Being part of such an environment will push you to constantly be the best version of yourself and capitalize on every opportunity to improve, whilst drawing inspiration from like-minded, hungry people from all around you
How we got to where we are today, and the reason we will continue to thrive, is by hiring best-in-class talent and building a culture that allows people to be the truest, most authentic and unpretentious versions of themselves.
The Finance team is an integral part of our business operations and we are looking to strengthen it. We are looking for a smart, result-oriented team member to help optimize processes and support the growth of our portfolio.
Some high-impact responsibilities you will be entrusted with:
- Analysis of customer outstanding statements
- Reconciliation & routine maintenance of customer accounts in line with insurance company statements
- Booking & allocation of payments received
- Management of c/f adjustments for policies approaching expiry
- Coordination with Operations teams on invoicing, reconciliations & payment allocation
- Coordination with Account Management & clients on finance related requests & tasks
- Ensuring that premiums are paid on time by clients to insurance companies
- Reporting to insurance companies on unallocated receipts and negotiating deadlines
- Collaboration on & execution of process automation & team projects
- Assisting in preparation & execution of quarterly & annual audits
- Assisting in preparing various reports required by management, Insurance Authority &other key stakeholders on a quarterly basis
What you will need to have
- 1-2 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- 1-2 years’ experience transacting in a customer facing role
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills - ability to break down complex problems into their simplest components
- Proficiency in Excel & accounting tools
- Organized approach to work & detail-oriented
- Accountability & ability to meet deadlines
- Team player, ability to inspire alignment & collaboration across teams
- Experience & comfort working in a remote setting
What’s in it for you? Perks!
Bayzat is committed to creating an inclusive and collaborative working environment where everyone's background and ideas count. Our culture encourages members to be the best versions of themselves, while taking advantage of our perks:
Growth: Fast track growth opportunities for high achieving members, with no rules around where, when, how, or how often.
Flexibility: Remote and flexible/hybrid working setups.
Inclusiveness: From bi-weekly company-wide town halls/all-hands meetings, to regular huddles, OKR tribe meetings, celebratory dinner parties, and annual awards ceremonies held in the Metaverse, you'll be joining a truly inclusive and engaging workplace.
Share Ownership: We make them shareholders! We open up rounds of ESOP twice to three times a year. And guess what, those who continue to perform and achieve great things are topped up, almost every round!
Kick-ass offices: We have offices in UAE, Turkey, Saudi, and India. One of our two Dubai-based offices is in the DIFC FinTech Hive, which is the first and largest financial technology accelerator in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region.