Vice President, Legal
At Calabrio we are transforming the way organizations connect with customers by providing software that helps understand and enrich human interactions as the digital foundation of a customer-centric contact center. We are looking a self-motivated, approachable, and business-savvy lawyer to lead our global legal team. The Vice President of Legal will serve as a strategic advisor to our organization, ensuring legal conformity and mitigating risks. Your role will include:
- Overseeing the legal aspects of our business
- Providing legal guidance on company strategies and their implementation
- Managing the work of external counsel
- Leading the in-house legal team
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and pragmatically resolve issues that arise across the business, primarily focused on supporting our sales and compliance teams.
- Draft and negotiate customer and partner agreements, including reseller agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop and support processes for contracting and other legal matters to improve efficiency, scalability and productivity of the sales process.
- Advise internal teams on areas of risk for contractual agreements, including recommendations for mitigating risks.
- Research and advise on key legal and regulatory trends and their business impact.
- Assist with privacy matters and other regulatory compliance efforts.
We're looking for:
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to understand the interplay of legal and business terms, and to advocate a strong position while maintaining a positive relationship with the other party.
- Ability to grasp legal and business issues and provide tailored advice in plain language to non-legal stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solver who can take a leadership role in transactions and resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and practical ways.
- Proactive, service-oriented attitude, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable attention to detail, organized and able to self-motivate and work well independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with external counsel where required.