Senior Sales Engineer - SD, NE
We are looking for a dynamic, curious, motivated, and self-starting Senior Solutions/Sales Engineer (SSE) to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for pre-sales technical engagements with our customers and prospects to represent the Calix Revenue Edge product portfolio and solutions. The SSE is expected to learn the Calix value proposition, deliver compelling presentations, demonstrate product capabilities, and design comprehensive network solutions to meet customer requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead technical account strategy.
- Lead the pre-sales technical process and product positioning.
- Assist sales teams with customer business requirements.
- Respond to customer RFP’s and other customer inquiries.
- Deliver presentations to customer technical staff and senior management.
- Assist customers and partners in configuring and testing products in labs and field trials.
- Guide customers through technical and operational issues within areas of expertise.
- Assist customers with network architectures aligned with business requirements.
- Explain technical concepts clearly and influence decisions for Calix.
- Train and update Calix partners on the latest products and software releases.
- Research and stay up to date on industry standards and trends.
- Travel expectations: In region travel up to 50% on average required to support customer engagements
- BSEE/BSCS degree is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and soft skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to convey complex concepts at multiple levels within an organization.
- Solid understanding of SaaS cloud-based solutions and API integration.
- Experience in the service provider industry preferred.
- Experience with Layer 1/2/3 network architectures.
- Experience with various Wi-Fi standards and managed Wi-Fi solutions.
- Ability to work remotely and travel frequently within territory.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Industry certifications preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Remote-based position located in Plains (Nebraska and South Dakota) region.
Compensation will vary based on geographical location (see below) within the United States. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's location of residence and multiple factors, including job-related skills, experience, and education.
For more information on our benefits click here.
There are different ranges applied to specific locations. The average base pay range (or OTE range for sales) in the U.S. for the position is listed below.
San Francisco Bay Area Only:187,200.00 - 280,800.00 USD Annual
National Major Cities plus, CA, CO, NY Metro area:162,800.00 - 244,200.00 USD Annual
Regional plus NY:146,500.00 - 219,800.00 USD Annual