Sales Manager - Oklahoma
Calix is helping the next generation of broadband service providers build an entirely new business model by reshaping the way that they interact with their subscribers, leveraging the power of cloud-based analytics, and enabling new revenue streams.
Our mission is to enable broadband service providers of all sizes to leverage the Calix platform to simplify their business and excite their subscribers to grow the value of their business and for their communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Sales Manager (SM) orchestrates our organization’s engagements with customers and prospects and has the overall responsibility for successfully selling and negotiating multi-year complex business relationships to senior client executives, which can include the CEO, CFO, CIO, Board of Directors and evaluation committees.
The SM will create and lead the territory and account strategies to deliver maximum revenue potential across the Calix offerings into the client functions including executives, Procurement, Marketing, Planning, Engineering, and Network Operations). Value-based selling and strategic account management will be critical to enable the transformation of our client engagements and their business goals leveraging the total Calix platform.
This role will manage the customer relationship, lead and participate in developing complex solutions, establish competitive value and drive closure. This requires one to have:
• A strong understanding of the client’s business goals, financials, strategies & directions.
• In-depth knowledge of the industry trends, and competitive strategies.
• Evangelize and promote the Calix Platform vision.
• Experience partnering with other companies is frequent to enhance Calix’s solution or relationship with the client.
• Proven competency selling in a structured methodology which drives predictable pipeline quality and growth.
• Experience selling in a matrix environment requiring the understanding of colleagues’ goals and enabling success through the orchestration of the team in an inclusive and optimized manner.
The Sales Manager understands the importance of collaboration, and they must be an extraordinary team leader, an astute businessperson exhibiting exceptional business insight, executive/boardroom presence, and outstanding judgment. The ability to articulate our unique and compelling value proposition is important so that customer decision-makers clearly grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with Calix.
• The ideal candidate will have experience working with broadband services providers selling cloud solutions platforms to BSP executive teams.
• Experience coordinating and orchestrating a matrixed team is critical.
• Strong customer facing and relationship management skills with appropriate negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent discovery process and ability to leverage questions to learn and lead discussions.
• Successful track record of Sales success with increasingly complex deal and solution sales
• A well developed and consistent Sales process / methodology that focused on selling to Business outcomes.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Expertise in the utilization of discovery to learn and enable client understanding.
• Must have 4+ years’ of successful experience in related sales and strategy execution.
• Regional travel is required (approximately 50%-60%)
Compensation will vary based on geographical location (see below) within the United States. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's location of residence and multiple factors, including job-related skills, experience, and education.
For more information on our benefits click here.
There are different ranges applied to specific locations. The average base pay range (or OTE range for sales) in the U.S. for the position is listed below.
San Francisco Bay Area Only:273,900.00 - 411,000.00 USD Annual
National Major Cities plus, CA, CO, NY Metro area:238,200.00 - 357,400.00 USD Annual
Regional plus NY:214,400.00 - 321,700.00 USD Annual