Automation Test Engineers
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Heyyyyy! We're Cashrewards, Australia’s most loved cashback platform.
Shoppers love us, but not just shoppers, our team think we’re pretty awesome too. So much so that they voted and now we’re a certified Great Place to Work. As they say, the proof is in the pudding so check out this role to see if you fancy a slice yourself.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Test Automation Engineer that loves the challenge of taking software engineers into a testing automation journey.
In this role, you will help develop effective and efficient methods and process, along with the Testing Automation lead you will drive the automation testing maturity, by implementing the strategy, and work with the team to roll out the plan, the tools, frameworks and libraries for all things automation testing, including but not limited to unit testing, bdd, contract testing, performance testing, etc.
The Testing Automation Engineer will work with relevant teams across the organisation to facilitate automated testing capabilities throughout the product development process, embed these practices in an ci/cd pipeline, mitigate risks, and help lead the squads in changing the mindset by shifting testing left (blending software engineering and QE [Quality Engineering]) and supporting and training them on writing test automation.
- Build scalable, robust and high-quality test automation solutions to support functional, regression and performance tests and other NFT
- Working in an Agile Environment, contribute to the development, customisation, and maintenance of automation test frameworks
- You will be part of the QE (Quality Engineering) team, and help and contribute to the Test Automation vision, the Test Strategy and all things test automation, moving towards industry best practices, including the rollout plan and implementation of such strategy
- Work with multiple functional teams to implement test automation strategies in line with the shift left testing movement of developing quality products
- Working with development and quality engineering teams, converting test cases to integration, UI tests, end to end tests. This includes executing test cases, tracking results and logging defects
- Provide technical guidance in the automation targets, participate in design reviews, architecture discussions, testability aspects of the software with respect to automation and recommend improvements
- Increase the overall test coverage of the organisation, implement best practices and help uplift and upskill internal software engineers and test engineers, set and maintain the frameworks, tools and libraries that help achieve the test coverage goals.
- Build and implement extensive automated unit, integration and load testing of the code
- Promoting the established automation processes across the team as well as seeking opportunities to streamline and improve on it
- Although, while we would love to automate everything, we are conscious that a manual approach will be required in certain cases or until we get to the testing maturity we need.
- Ability to influence and share ideas with the rest of the team
Skills and Qualifications
- Moderate to extensive functional and non-functional testing, automated testing and frameworks experience, working with web, API.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts for mobile applications using industry-standard automation tools and frameworks.
- Solid experience in progression and regression testing
- Proven experience in driving test automation strategies from inception through to implementation
- Able to test at various levels (Front End/UI/Mobile, API, Back End)
- Excellent at developing Test Cases
- Solid Experience with automation testing tools such as WebAPI, Postman, Webdriver.io, Selenium, Appium, Nightwatch, Cypress
- Solid Expertise in the use of a BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) framework; e.g Cucumber
- Strong experience in load testing using different tools available Jmeter/Gatling/LoadRunner
- Familiar with Gherkin
- Preferably experience working technologies/platforms e.g. AWS, Dockers, Containers
- Good knowledge of Microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Experience in Penetration, Security and Accessibility Testing (nice to have)
- AWS certifications (nice to have)
In the fast moving cashback category, Cashrewards has powered ahead of its rivals and taken the lead, serving over 2 million members with an enticing range of cashback offers from more than 2000 brand partners including Apple, Amazon, Myer, Liquorland, Adidas, Bonds, Target, Booking.com and The Iconic. As if that isn’t impressive enough, we’re fully Australian owned and operated, and backed by 1835i, one of Australia's leading venture funds. Plus, we support the Starlight Children's Foundation by donating 1% of all cash redeemed to the foundation.
Another cool thing, we're right smack-band in the middle of Sydney CBD (next to the QVB) so we're easy to get to.
There's lots more to love about working here, like:
- Flexible working
- Friday hours (finish at 3pm on Fridays)
- Double cashback
- Free access to Headspace
- Discounted fitness classes and wellness offering
- Birthday leave
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Ability to work up to 90 days a year from anywhere in the world
- Awesome people who you'll get to know at some of our awesome celebrations and social events
So if you’re keen to jump on board and help us steer this fine ship into the future, don’t let this opportunity pass you by. So jump in, forget FOMO. Join the Cashrewards team today.
Check out our careers page https://www.cashrewards.com.au/careers