Release Engineer, Engineering - Remote India
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
Delphix is the industry leader for DevOps test data management.
Businesses need to transform application delivery but struggle to balance speed with data security and compliance. Our DevOps Data Platform automates data security, while rapidly deploying test data to accelerate application releases. With Delphix, customers modernize applications, adopt multi-cloud, achieve CI/CD, and recover from downtime events such as ransomware up to 2x faster.
Leading companies, including Choice Hotels, Banco Carrefour, and Fannie Mae, use Delphix to accelerate digital transformation and enable zero trust data management. Visit us at www.delphix.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
As release engineer, you will have ownership of release processes and automation for Delphix software products. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead business-critical activities, coordinate across the organization, and define release engineering best practices. Areas of contribution will also include product build, repository branching strategy, producing product release artifacts, and monitoring the health of various automation processes.
- Responsible for architecting and designing a robust build and release process for our software product teams.
- Develop monitoring, logging and alerting framework for debugging build and release workflows for exceptions and failures to enable development teams the ability to quickly resolve issues.
- Architect and build a standard release service for pushing artifacts to multiple repository services (DockerHub, Cloud Marketplaces, PyPi, ECR, Artifactory, Delphix managed repos).
- Schedule and implement changes to the build / release / version-control processes required to enforce and apply release engineering best practices.
- Provide guidance to cross-team and team members in release best practices and procedures.
- Work with cross functional, geographically distributed teams.
- Maintain Release runbooks and processes.
- Work with the Release Manager to create release plans.
- Need to manage multiple parallel releases from multiple products.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software automation, with release engineering experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and collaborative attitude
Requirements (Mandatory) :
- Experience with CI tools - Jenkins, both in configuration, troubleshooting and support.
- Working experience with Github.
- Expert understanding of Git and various branching and releasing strategies.
- Working experience with artifact repository technologies such as Artifactory, DockerHub and PyPi.
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Groovy, shell scripting).
- Experience working with a Global team across different time zones.
- Working knowledge of one or more cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Proficiency with debugging issues related to automation failures including root cause analysis, and performance methodologies in optimizing the run time of automation.
Requirements (Nice To Have) :
- Experience with Build Tools (Gradle)
- Experience with GitHub Actions, Webhooks and creating automation with Github and Jenkins APIs
- Experience of DevOps and CI/CD Infrastructure in a large enterprise product.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles.
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Ansible.
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes).
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code and infrastructure management tooling
We are strongest when we bring together a diverse set of perspectives and experiences, and strive to empower each voice to be heard and respected. Delphix is committed to hiring and supporting all teams regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, veteran status, or similar personal characteristics. Our focus on inclusion and diversity benefits our employees and positions Delphix to succeed as a global company.