Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
We are seeking a highly ambitious payroll accountant to join our finance team in this newly created role.
As a Payroll Accountant overseeing Employment Hero’s internal payroll across multiple geographies, you play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate and compliant payroll processing on an international scale. Your responsibilities include meticulous review of payruns, collaboration with outsourced payroll providers, and coordination with diverse stakeholders across different regions. You will also be working closely with the accounting and compliance teams to ensure payroll-related journals and filings are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is a great communicator with stakeholder management experience and who has great time management skills to meet deadlines.
As a Payroll Accountant, you will:
- Review payruns from the outsourced payroll provider for multiple geographies (AU, NZ, UK, SG, MY, PH), ensuring compliance with diverse international payroll regulations
- Navigate and understand the complexities of payroll processes across different countries and regions and resolve any issues/discrepancies
- Review WFH expenses
- Processing payroll-related journal entries and filings in a timely manner (eg. PAYG/PAYE, payroll tax, super, workers compensation insurance renewals, etc)
- Serve as primary point of contact for Finance with the rest of the business and external vendors in relation to all payroll matters
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with cashflow forecasting of payroll and payroll-related expenses
- Assist with external audits
- Propose and implement process improvements that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the global payroll review process
- Testing of automated payroll
- Assist with GT payruns, as needed
- Other adhoc duties as needed
What will you bring
- 2 - 3 years experience in a similar role
- Currently studying for CA/CPA qualification
- Relevant degree in finance/accounting
- Experience running payroll in Australia and New Zealand is essential; experience running payroll in other geographical areas will be highly advantageous
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Excel/Google Sheets
- Keypay experience essential
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We’ve got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our AU heroes:
“Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
- Application Review
- TA Screen
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Final Interview
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.