🚀 The Story so far: Who we are
Huspy is a proptech startup solving two of the biggest challenges in the home buying journey: home financing and home search. As we shape the future of home buying, we are helping customers secure mortgages and find the home they want quicker, at a more affordable rate, and on a single platform.
We are currently operational in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Madrid (Spain), and we believe the ecosystem we are creating raises the bar for the whole industry and fuels our mission of creating a category-defining experience.
Since our launch in August 2020, we have managed to secure funding from top investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Fifth Wall, Breyer Capital, and we recently raised $37 million in one of the largest Series A rounds in the history of MENA.
We’re building something awesome from the ground up, and looking for people with grit, resilience, and good hearts who are excited by the opportunity to make a big impact on a process that’s in need of serious disruption. Just imagine what you can create here – for the industry, for Huspy, and for yourself.
Currently we are looking for an individual with experience in Labor Law and Real Estate Law to be our in-house legal counsel. You will be the one overseeing all legal aspects of the business at Huspy in Spain, in addition to providing relevant and timely advice to staff members on a variety of legal topics related to the company's activities and considerations, such as employment / labor relations, tax structures, inheritance and successions, corporate governance, commercial contracting, fundraising and financing, data protection and/or immigration.
🌟The Perfect Match: What you bring
You have 3 to 4 years of experience in a mixture of labor / employment, real estate, commercial, data protection, and corporate law.
You have knowledge about inheritances and successions, and are well-versed in understanding of tax and fiscal law.
You are familiar with the risks of compliance topics such as money laundering and terrorism financing.
💻 The Main Event: What you'll do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, in English and Spanish, contracts such as services agreements, sales agreements with earnest money, exclusive/non-exclusive sales or lease agreements, and offer contracts.
- Supervising purchase and sale offers (legal processes) and earnest money contracts.
- Reviewing simple notes (inheritances, encumbrances, V.P.O.'s, tax impacts, administrative or urban planning records, usufructs, etc.) in both English and Spanish.
- Verifying simple notes to ensure the payment of Huspy's commission.
- Managing ARCO rights (Database Blocking and Deletion).
- Providing training to real estate consultants and staff on Data Protection.
- Implementing the data protection system after assessing the company's risk level.
- Drafting communications for database deletions (internal and external).
- Mediating between lawyers of parties involved in real estate transactions.
- Drafting and preparing claims, employment contracts or other legal documentation.
- Providing labor legal advice to the company.
- Providing legal advice referring to freelancers according to the law.
- Working in the best interests of employers and employees.
- Negotiating on behalf of the company referring to labor matters.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in employment legislation.
- Managing the risk of money laundering and terrorism financing.
- Providing training to real estate consultants and staff on Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing applied to the real estate intermediation sector.
- Handling requirements from the National Fraud Investigation Office (ONIF).
- Conducting internal quality audits.
💫The Perks: Why you’ll love working here
- Restaurant voucher for 240 euros each month
- Flexible working hours to work from our office located in the best neighborhood of Madrid: Barrio Salamanca!
- Daily breakfast
- You will share your day to day at Huspy with people from all over the world.