🚀 The Story so far: Who we are
Huspy is a proptech startup solving two of the biggest challenges in the home buying journey: home financing and home search. As we shape the future of home buying, we are helping customers secure mortgages and find the home they want quicker, at a more affordable rate, and on a single platform.
We are currently operational in Dubai and Madrid, and we believe the ecosystem we are creating raises the bar for the whole industry and fuels our mission of creating a category-defining experience.
Since our launch in August 2020, we have managed to secure funding from top investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Fifth Wall, Breyer Capital, and we recently raised $37 million in one of the largest Series A rounds in the history of MENA.
We’re building something awesome from the ground up, and looking for people with grit, resilience, and good hearts who are excited by the opportunity to make a big impact on a process that’s in need of serious disruption. Just imagine what you can create here – for the industry, for Huspy, and for yourself.
💪 The Dream Team: Who you’ll work with
Huspy is seeking a versatile Financial Accountant to join our Dubai team and support the goals of the business as we continue to scale our business in the region.
💻 The Main Event: What you'll do
- Manage month-end closing process, monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and timely resolution of variances.
- Preparation and posting of monthly entries requested for the monthly/quarterly closing process.
- Manage the Revenue Recognition process, send Invoices to customers, manage the COGS accruals, and share the reports with the management.
- Prepare monthly management reporting and provide comments on movements.
- Ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for annual audits.
- Manage the indirect tax filings timely and meet all local compliance requirements for allocated markets.
- Work with the wider finance team, and other business units to improve efficiency including documenting process improvement.
- Ad-hoc duties as required for regular business operations.
🌟 The Perfect Match: What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in similar finance roles.
- Experience in UAE is required. Additional European exposure is a plus.
- Good understanding of IFRS.
- University degree in accounting or finance, ideally, ACCA or a Chartered Accountant.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the company.