Customer Service Specialist
Koala’s mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
To provide exceptional service to Koala’s customers ensuring we continually surprise and delight them with every interaction with us across every platform. Our number one priority (after making amazing products) is the customer experience. We are a brand that deeply cares about our customers and we strive to do anything to deliver happiness and satisfaction.
Within our team we provide both exceptional inbound Customer Service and also outbound Customer Engagement roles, with our focus on building Customer Loyalty. We are looking for full-time, part-time and contract customer service specialists to join Koala to support the team as the business is growing.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Deliver high-class frontline customer service interactions and operations that meet or exceed our NPS/CSAT & CES targets
- Engage with our customers across a number of platforms: live chat, phone, email, social media enquiries & onsite showroom
- Responding to high volume customer enquiries, requests and communications
- Proactively reach out to customers who have recently received their order, and engage to obtain feedback around their end-to-end experience
- Process customer returns and warranties focusing on the customer service recovery paradox
- Deliver contact centre services that achieve or exceed OKRs
- Support the implementation of operational initiatives to continually improve the Customer Experience
- Process tickets according to Koala’s protocols and processes
- Identify opportunities to add value to every customer’s experience
- Be proactive in your approach to solving customer problems and complaints
- Support customers through any return or warranty needs
- Continually promotes our brand and products by being helpful and informative
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service specialist (or similar) role within a call center environment
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and well developed verbal and written communication skills, together with a professional phone voice
- Experience in a high-volume fast paced inbound and outbound phone environment
- Great attitude and willingness to learn and progress in your career
- Did we mention that empathy is a must have? Our candidates are no different to our customers and are at the heart of the business and an empathetic approach is a must at every touchpoint
- You love people and thrive on supporting them
- Near perfect grammar, english written and verbal skills
- Experience handling returns and warranties
- Problem-solving and liaising with management on critical issues
- Experience with Zendesk, Commerce Tools or Shopify a plus!
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you, Koala fully supports a hybrid working model supporting your life both in and outside of the Treehouse.
Take a break - Generous time off - life, volunteer, parental and more leaves to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
Monthly barbies and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.