Koala is a high growth ecommerce company from Australia, and our mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
In just 5+ years in Japan we have achieved significant growth, leading to positive media coverage including King’s Brunch on TBS, Tech Crunch, NewsPicks, DIAMOND online, and Nikkei amongst others. Sleep as a category is very much under-utilized and has high potential in this country, and Koala has positioned itself as a future leader of quality sleep and home furnishing products in both Japan, Australia, and recently Korea and the USA too! We are bringing a modern, data-driven approach to revolutionize an ageing industry.
Why we have this role @ Koala
Earned media and influencers are a key growth driver for brand awareness & revenue for Koala Japan. The chosen candidate will be someone who brings a modern approach to a traditional industry in Japanese PR & Communications, constantly on the lookout for new ways to grow the business via worthy PR stunts, campaigns & initiatives.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (CRM, SEO, Affiliate, LP Optimization, Social Media Operation, content development, advertising, events planning, photo shooting, product launch, etc.)
- Assist in project management, liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (Sales, campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Maintain marketing databases, including contacts, leads, and campaigns
- A solid marketing background, with minimum 3 years’ experience in both digital & offline campaigns including ecommerce in the Japanese market
- Bilingual in Japanese and English - professional working proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience localizing communications strategies for global brands in Japan, including driving campaigns & initiatives
- Demonstrated success leading a marketing and/or creative team in an international work environment
- Is someone who is proactive, solutions focused and has an innate desire to challenge the status quo
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage several projects at once
- Well-articulated and proven ability to work cross-functionally to collaborate
- Ability to ‘think like a customer’ our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to deliver a world class experience at every touchpoint
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only as good as its employees are happy - and we’re one happy international bilingual bunch! We offer our teams hybrid flexible working options and the freedom and autonomy to do their best work in a way that works for them. Whether that’s working your own version of 9-6, working from home in your pajamas from time to time or hanging out at our Treehouse (this is what we call our office digs) in Omotesando, or enjoying the 25+ days annual leave you decide whatever helps you find your flow! The Treehouse has plenty of social activities to get involved with and help you get to know your fellow Koalas better as well as free Koala products for all employees - who better to shout from the tree tops how awesome our products are, right?! We also recognise that we can’t grow as a brand unless we support the growth of our teams so this is a strong focus for us. Lastly and importantly our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support. All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out in and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and super adaptable. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... what are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.