Growth Marketing Manager
Koala’s mission is to deliver better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats for people and the planet.
Why we have this role @ Koala
Koala is looking for an ambitious Senior Performance Marketing Manager to own paid media channels within the growth team, as a cornerstone of the digital growth for our business. This role is a replacement for an internal promotion but also as we expand, this role will be critical in managing the day to day of our performance channels, ensuring efficiency in media and growth into new channel opportunities. To achieve this, you will evolve the paid media channel strategy, design test & learn programs, and own all execution in paid media channels - you will be hands on across paid search & paid social while driving innovation in new channels.
The role will also help drive the direction of the marketing budget, and help steer various marketing campaigns working alongside brand, creative & social media teams. In the Growth team you will be a pivotal role leading ideas to champion performance marketing and opportunities for growth in these channels for Koala while supporting in measurement, budget planning & forecasting to smash growth targets.
You will have a unique opportunity to help develop the future of our performance marketing efforts and help grow an Australian company disrupting the furniture industry. We’re an incredibly passionate, fun and inclusive team, invested in making sure you thrive in your position. We genuinely love what we do. If this role sounds like you, we’d love to chat.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Manage all paid performance channels including paid search, paid social & programmatic.
- Use data to develop strategic direction for paid channels, using test & learn methodologies
- Work together with the performance specialist to manage the day to day running of all paid channels to budget & performance targets.
- Define opportunities for growth within performance channels through working with data & partners.
- Measure all activity against KPI’s and best practices, and report back to Koala’s broader team key learnings and opportunities.
- Develop briefs for high performing paid media content, working to improve on channel efficiencies.
- Collaborate closely with creative, brand & e-commerce teams to bring cross-functional initiatives to life.
- Be a key contributor to product launch strategies, championing channel requirements and supporting from a customer first perspective.
- Accountable for budget pacing, forecasting and reporting to the wider organisation.
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to create & develop learnings.
- Continue to assess vendors and relevance to Koala’s marketing mix.
- Stay abreast of trends across social and programmatic, providing insight to creative, brand & the wider business about innovative ways to challenge the status quo.
- ~4-5+ years industry experience in hands on management of Paid Media Performance Channels with mid to large scale budgets.
- ~2+ years experience in eCommerce and customer acquisition
- Experience in building and executing performance marketing programs that deliver company growth.
- Working experience with Google stack, Facebook Ads Manager is essential
- Experience with Pinterest, TikTok/Reddit ads is preferred
- Proficient in Google Analytics, search console or other analytics platforms
- Comprehensive understanding of multi-touch attribution models
- Familiarity with the Australian digital marketing landscape
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A drive to stay at the bleeding edge of digital marketing
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Flexible hybrid working - Work from bed? The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Monthly barbies and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT Online where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, plus tons of Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognise that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.