Digital Product Owner
Koala’s mission is to deliver better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats for people and the planet.
Why we have this role @ Koala
The next few years at Koala AU is focused on delivering amazing online experiences, getting closer to our customers and winning in our key verticals as we expand across furniture.
As a Product Owner, you will plan, lead and build eCommerce website features and products and Marketing enablement projects that will be key to us achieving our goals. Given the culture of the business, you will have a significant amount of independence and opportunity to implement practices, experiment, contribute, and deliver.
You will be a part of the eCommerce team to own our tech delivery - working on designing, delivering and optimising our website features (from search to category pages) - working together with the digital experience team as well as our channel marketing to deliver our mission. You will also belong to the global product guild joining other product managers, data analysts and product designers from across the business to share global insights and collaborate on cross functional projects
You will be responsible for defining success metrics, managing the digital product roadmap and its delivery with input from data led insights, your team and the business, to prioritise the right features and optimisations to deliver revenue results, operational efficiency and an exceptional customer experience, while setting Koala’s internal technology platforms up for long term success.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- End-to-end delivery of our Ecommerce tech roadmap - from scoping to delivering features, rolling out to operations and being responsible for continuous improvement.
- Apply a strategic mindset to prioritisation and delivery, balancing business impact and data driven insights against effort and resourcing. As well as championing the ROI of all initiatives we prioritise
- Continuously find and prioritise improvements to core features and experiences from search and upsells to product pages and category pages
- Leverage the full customer insights toolkit (from website behaviour to research) to inform decision-making, prioritisation and identify optimal impact areas and opportunities
- Help develop experiments and test new growth initiatives that optimise and improve our website experience
- Management and reporting of the eCommerce roadmap and backlog including collating and triaging initiatives and ideas from across the team and business
- Work with other digital product managers, design teams and engineering to achieve our vision, drive great customer outcomes and ensure our solutions are feasible and viable
- You will also have the opportunity to own various other digital projects and initiatives that support the growth of Australia
- Minimum 3+ years relevant work experience in eCommerce or working with Marketing teams as a Product Owner or in product management
- Able to write well-defined specifications, user stories, delivery tickets and documentation that clearly communicates expected product outcomes.
- Proven success working with design teams and development teams using agile/scrum methodology.
- Track record of being able to critically analyse data samples and produce sensible insights to fuel product initiatives and prioritisation
- The skill set to thrive to in a rapidly changing environment with a high level of ambiguity and fast pace
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Flexible hybrid working - Work from bed? The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Monthly barbies and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT Online where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, plus tons of Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.