Full Stack Engineer
Koala's mission is to create Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
As a Full Stack Engineer at Koala, you will play an integral role in maintaining and growing our digital experience. You will work in our Software Engineering Team with other developers and designers to build and maintain our eCommerce website, our backend logistics automations and our wider digital ecosystem. This is a unique and rare opportunity within a fast-growing digital business to help shape our technology stack, our processes and directly affect our business.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Build even more capabilities into our best-in-class ESB, so that we can automate even more logistics and back-office processes
- Work with the Product Managers, Producers and UX/UI Designers in your team to build the next-generation “single page app” with a focus on exceptional user experience for customers around the globe
- Formulate technical designs, then build the solutions you've created, and participate in code reviews
- Preferably a degree in IT, Engineering or a related field, and 3+ years of hands on coding experience with the following tools:
- Experience with PHP in both CLI and Web SAPIs
- Experience in backend API integrations, API development, ETL, and object-oriented development
- Experience in software cloud deployments and usage of CI/CD pipelines (“configuring” CI/CD pipelines is an advantage)
- Experience with AWS/GCP services and serverless concepts
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database design, configuration and usage
- Strong knowledge and wide experience with JS Frameworks (Vue, React)
- Experienced in working in an Agile, Lean, Scrum, or Kanban team
- Experience with design systems, frontend component libraries, and styled components, is an advantage
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy bunch!
- WFB/Hybrid working - We’re mixing it up with a couple of days back in the Alexandria Treehouse (office) and work from bed/home (WFB); we want you to do your best work the way that works for you, including from anywhere on the globe (T&Cs apply)!
- Take a break - Generous time off - volunteer, parental, Koala life leave and more to help keep your work-life balance, balanced.
- Tuesday lunches, Monthly barbies, socials and stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouse is as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - via our Learning Management platform Juno, as well as individual and team growth budgets and dedicated days.
- Short and long-term incentive plans ensure you benefit as Koala succeeds!
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, volunteer days, a member of SoftLanding, 1% and so much more.
- All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We are ambitious. We are curious. We are selfless. We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always trying to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and empathy drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.