Koala’s mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are seeking a dynamic lawyer to support Koala lean into its audacious mission and purpose. The role will include leading transformation projects and will touch a wide range of legal, governance, risk and compliance matters across the global business. Would suite a 3-5 year commercial lawyer keen to learn and excited to join an innovative disruptor aiming to do social good.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Bringing curiosity to partner with business teams and provide quality practical legal advice across a range of areas, including supply chain, tech, e-commerce, finance, compliance and marketing.
- Reviewing and drafting a range of commercial agreements.
- Researching and identifying legal risk and advising on appropriate mitigations.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of strategies to streamline business processes, both internally and externally.
- Assisting the Company Secretary to meet the obligations, duties and responsibilities under the Corporations Act and manage company secretarial documentation.
- Providing support in managing commercial disputes as may arise.
- Compiling, preparing and delivering training on a range of legal and compliance issues.
- Playing a key role in designing and bringing new ideas and initiatives to fruition!