DPD/CFR FPGA Engineer
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryAs digital pre-distortion (DPD) expert, you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for high-end ORAN 5G massive MIMO radio transmitter linearization algorithm and implementation in FPGA technology.
- Research and Development of DPD and CFR algorithms
- Research and modelling of efficient DPD algorithms for use in high power massive MIMO and Macro Radio Units
- Create models for PA nonlinearity to allow DPD algorithm simulation and characterization of performance
- Work with FPGA and PA Design teams in implementing the DPD and CFR algorithms efficiently and for volume production of Radio units
- Work with Embedded Software team to develop and integrate DPD and CFR control software with the FPGA implementation and support the validation of the end to end system for performance
- Work with PA, Digital & Analog Front End design teams to characterize the DPD performance across multiple power amplifier technologies, including LDMOS and GaN
- Continue to research into next generation linearization technologies and evaluate them for feasibility as a technology for mMIMO and Macro RRU
- Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption in the area of high power PA and DPD
- Proven track record from 5G or 4G radio development
- Strong background in the digital pre-distortion, non-linear system modelling & analysis, linearization concepts and non-linear signal processing
- Experience with Matlab models of non-linearity in PA for DPD, CFR algorithms
- Experience with characterization of transmitter performance using simulation of PA and DPD algorithms
- Experience with integration and validation of DPD, CFR algorithms on FPGA technology, commercial hardware platform
- Knowledge of power amplifier devices and non-linearities
- Excellent inter-personal skills and work well as a team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a US applicant in need of special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +1-469-916-4393. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.