5G RAN (eNB) Testing
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Role SummaryResponsible to support initial compliance and ongoing preparation, testing and monitoring of conformance to established quality assurance processes and standards for company products, services and processes.
- Going through 3GPP standards, architectural and design documents to come up with thorough and in-depth test plans for testing LTE/5G eNodeB functionalities.
- Ability to build test setups as per the requirements of the test case.
- Executing test cases and validating the test status based on the expectations for the test case.
- Ability to fully understand system logs, test tool logs and use this understanding for debugging issues and identifying accurate root causes for the problems seen on the system under test or in the network.
- Using the test expertise and identifying overall improvements and enhancements which are possible on the system.
- Debugging field data and identifying potential problems and re-creating the same in the lab.
- Log analysis, Performance, Capacity and Soak testing
Good Knowledge on E2E system Architecture of LTE/5G RAN.
Self-starter who likes debugging complex issues and takes pride in finding issues on the device under test.
Knowledge of Virtualization/K8S/Cloud and Radio products.
Thorough understanding of 3GPP specs covering PHY, MAC, PDCP, RLC, RRC, S1AP protocols Understanding of NBIOT, LTEM and NTN networks is a plus.
Hands on work experience of testing LTE eNodeBs.
Hands on experience in using test tools including but not limited to
- UE simulators like TM500
- UE debuggers like QXDM
- Delay Simulators such as RLS2100
- Application traffic generators like iPerf, TeraVM, Diversifeye
Knowledge of message flows and parameters used in the messages for LTE/5G procedures.
Understanding of different LTE/5G Releases and features.
Familiarity with LTE/5G SON functionalities is desirable.
Familiarity with application layer optimizations; UDP, TCP traffic optimization, Video traffic optimization etc.
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.