General Lab Services Leader
Working at PerkinElmer | Jobs and Careers at PerkinElmer
General Lab Services Leader
Annapolis, Maryland | Gaithersburg, Maryland
ResponsibilitiesLocation Annapolis, MarylandUS Job ID REQ-052111
This role is responsible for managing the General Lab Services team to ensure the proper completion of LabWare, Consumables Inventory, and Lab Operations across all customer labs.
- Serve as the People and Culture Leader for the GLS teams.
- Lead the GLS teams to ensure the delivery of uninterrupted service to the customers in the lab. To accomplish this, the individual must drive operational excellence by strategically managing resources as well as identifying areas of improvement.
- Act as first-line supervisor to team members and provide coaching, performance review, and other administrative functions.
- Interface with key customer contacts to ensure KPIs are being hit and customer satisfaction is at a high-level.
- Work in collaboration with Customer line and PerkinElmer safety reps to ensure a high level of safety is maintained in the lab.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders (lab staff, service providers, management) to identify, review and resolve issues in a timely manner and/or escalate as necessary.
- Coordinate periodic review of Service Level Agreement contracted tasks with all relevant groups
- Attend floor/building oversight meetings.
- Facilitate weekly team lead meetings, as well as one on ones, performance reviews/evaluations
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems when necessary in accordance with company policy
- Facilitate interviews for all new hires and ensure successful onboarding
- Support customer desired growth by identifying activities in which we can provide additional services, working with all critical PerkinElmer and customer team members and following proper approval processes.
- Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment for self and the team
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Associate degree in Applies Sciences or related work or military experience and 5+ years of experience working in a research laboratory environment OR
- High School degree or equivalent and 7+ years of experience working in a research laboratory environment
- 2+ year of experience leading people
- Experience of working in a compliance-driven environment.
- Experience using Microsoft 365, including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and others.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to operate a personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- Knowledge of 5S and/or 6 sigma principles is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite. Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling hazardous waste.
The annual compensation range for this full-time position is $80,500 to $120,500.00. The final base pay offered to the successful candidate will be determined by factors including internal equity, work location, as well as individual qualifications, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have not saved any jobs.
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
Mentoring, training and engaging projects with real-world results. Kick-start your career at PerkinElmer. Learn More »
From mentoring relationships to robust training programs, we create a customized development plan for you. Learn More »
To address growing supply constraints worldwide, PerkinElmer has expanded the production capacity of its extraction and RT-PCR tests at its global facilities... Learn More »
Aetna Health Plan Pricing Disclosure: Aetna Healthcare Pricing
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
PerkinElmer is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. PerkinElmer is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other personal attribute or characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Please note that PerkinElmer is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Additional information about E-Verify can be reviewed here.
Please be aware that PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting interviews with our talent acquisition team. PerkinElmer does not charge any job application fees. Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. PerkinElmer does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused. The FTC has provided additional consumer information regarding such scams here.