Software Development Engineer
Working at PerkinElmer | Jobs and Careers at PerkinElmer
Software Development Engineer
ResponsibilitiesLocation Stockholm, SE Job ID REQ-052184
As a C# software developer Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, application integration and maintenance of our back-end systems. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to create robust and scalable applications that meet the company's objectives. This role requires a deep understanding of C#, .NET and SQL programming, proficiency in back-end development, and a passion for delivering high-quality, efficient code. Maintain a consistent and usable interface over the back-end MS-SQL database.
- Test, debug, support and maintain existing software applications on Windows platforms using C#, .NET, MS-SQL DB, and ASP .Net. Additionally, eager to engage in Python programming language for future work.
- Analyze and investigate major software engineering project tasks and provide recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and advancement of Perten instrument software products built upon the C# .NET technology stack.
- Collaborate with front-end developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Perform code reviews and ensure code quality, reliability, and maintainability.
- Debug and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 3 years related programming experience
- C# .Net programming
- UI: WPF applications using MVVM pattern
- Database: Microsoft SQL server
- Basic Web API/REST knowledge
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, and performance
- Detailed understanding of full stack application development
- Familiarity with the best development practices - writing documentation, testing, using CI/CD to make delivery product as easy and reliable as possible.
- Database migrations: FluentMigrator
- Database/object mapping: Linq2SQL or Entity Framework (Net+ integration)
- Exposes Web API interface (for some UI automation)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have not saved any jobs.
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."