Monitoring System Coordinator
Working at PerkinElmer | Jobs and Careers at PerkinElmer
Monitoring System Coordinator
ResponsibilitiesLocation Annapolis, MarylandUS Job ID REQ-052214
The specific role may require some portion if not all of the responsibilities noted below:
- Oversee deployment of new system(s) to track lab use and occupancy to improve lab capacity forecasting abilities.
- Ensure that issues relating to location and functionality of tracked equipment are resolved to maintain resilience of lab capacity measurement infrastructure.
- Ensure infrastructure of systems relied upon for the capture of occupancy and utilization data are maintained, updated and accurate.
- Manage the install, troubleshooting, and maintenance of sensors to optimize lab asset utilization and tracking, including shipment of new and replacement units for the system.
- Audit various software systems to confirm instrument data is consistent.
- Investigate and resolve inquiries from various groups for equipment location or specifications.
- Liaise with end users to ensure frontline customer support and adequate response to change requests.
- Assist with coordination of internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Lab Instrumentations Services (LIS) team.
- Consistent communication to manager on progress of assigned tasks and timely escalation of issues.
- Regular upkeep and timely communication of data integrity issues across multiple systems
- Other duties as required to support implementation of additional utilization and capacity monitoring projects.
- Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Strong electrical and mechanical background
- Highly effective problem solving skills
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- High school degree or GED with 3+ years of experience in support of equipment monitoring systems OR
- Associate Degree in a Computer related field
- Previous experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical laboratory.
- Database management experience
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite. Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling hazardous waste.
- Potential risk to lab-based hazards including but not limited to extreme temperature, biological materials, hazardous chemicals.
The annual compensation range for this full-time position is $57,200.00 to $86,320.00. The final base pay offered to the successful candidate will be determined by factors including internal equity, work location, as well as individual qualifications, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have not saved any jobs.
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."