This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney.
At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
As a Data Engineer you will support our vision for data which is to leverage our information, cloud native platform and tools to become the center of all decisions we make as a business whilst providing our customers with a tailored service.
What you will be doing
- Improving and optimising information models to meet Business Intelligence and Data Science needs of multiple teams, systems, and products with self-service and re-usability in mind.
- Extending and optimising Prospa's data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse to cater to our ever-growing set of data sources, streaming and batch processing needs.
- Using appropriate software and/or languages to create reusable tools that allow the wider team to deliver value quickly.
- Building and implementing suitable technologies in developing end-to-end data solutions within Prospa’s cloud environment in collaboration with senior team members using best practices.
- Be responsible for the availability, reliability and data quality of our data platforms end-to-end.
- Working closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Users through peer programming, effective code reviews, and technical consultations.
- Partnering with engineering, product, business stakeholders and take part in building technical solutions to meet business objectives.
- Proactively collaborating with other data engineers, review and approve pull requests.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven hands-on experience with modern data tech stack.
- Hands on experience with SQL, Python, databases, integration, master data management, quality assurance, data wrangling, and data governance technologies.
- Working knowledge of Databricks/Notebooks, Airflow/Orchestration, Spark, Python, SQL, DBT, accompanying ecosystems and data infrastructure (databases, CD/CD pipelines, automated testing)
- Proven experience in building, extending, and maintaining:
- Robust and extensible data pipelines for production environments.
- Secure, performant, and well-modelled data stores.
- Reliable and efficient streaming and batch data environments.
- Enterprise-grade Data Warehouse and Data Lakes.
- Experienced in building, scaling, and monitoring resilient distributed systems.
- Participated in creating highly technical architectures, concepts, use-cases, designs, and approaches, in a way that can be understood by stakeholders of varying degrees of technical literacy.
- Strong understanding of Azure Cloud environment. Knowledge of GCP and AWS is desirable.
- Knowledge of AI and ML technologies and principles is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile Frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
Don't let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it's a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet, or simply feeling fulfilled:
- Growth: There's something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
- Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional "Me Days" and access to holistic EAP coaching.
- Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave.
- Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We’re a Best Workplace in Australia for 2023! We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You'll find an environment where there's always something new around the corner. It's collaborative, inclusive, and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We're building the future of small business finance. Join us!