Associate IT Infrastructure Engineer (GG10)
Job Title: Associate IT Infrastructure Engineer
Package: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF16256
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us an Associate IT Infrastructure Engineer providing support and system design/integration. Test into customer projects and across the wider QinetiQ estate providing a great opportunity to get involved with a wide variety of technologies and environments.
As an Associate IT Infrastructure Engineer you will work with project managers and technical leads, to deliver a multi-discipline IT skillset to our projects in the areas of network and server infrastructure support, design, integration and test.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
• You will be involved in all stages of the lifecycle of an IT System working to time, budgets and following best practice.
• You will be working with Task Leads to ensure that tasks are done.
• You will be supporting and deploying Microsoft servers, desktop products, wider connected IT Systems such as networking equipment and other LAN or WAN connections.
• You will deploy and support at a system level enterprise infrastructure and services including AD,DHCP, DNS, Anti-Virus, WSUS, back-up and storage, Windows Server 2016+ and windows 10+.
This is a full-time post, 37-hours per week, fully on-site based in Portsmouth.
Essential experience of the IT Associate Infrastructure Engineer position.
• Professional interpersonal/communication skills in order to convey complex information.
• Experience of working on IT Infrastructure projects.
• Motivation and drive to see issues addressed.
• Ability to manage your own workload.
Desirable experience of the Group Lead in Data Science and Engineering.
A first degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent national qualification or demonstrable experience.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
• Generous holiday allowance
• Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
• We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.