IT&T Test Manager
Job Title: Senior Integration Test and Trials Manager
Location: Corsham + Hybrid working
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF16342
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us as a Senior Integration Test and Trials Manager at our Portshmouth site where you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and many of the industry’s most brilliant minds.
As a Senior Integration Test and Trials Manager you’ll have a role working with project managers, supporting the development of winning proposals and delivering fully integrated and tested solutions.
- Lead project teams to deliver complex solutions using best practice.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership for programme, project and bidding activities.
- Understand the market requirements and future technology developments and apply them to technical solutions whilst aligning to the company business drivers.
- To support the development of IT&T staff in the Technical Disciplines and support resourcing decisions
- Provide effective technical leadership and support to the business both in delivery or programmes and bidding activities.
- Create Design Certifications, Technical Delivery Plans, High Level Documentation and Detailed Design Documentation.
This role is full time, 37 hours a week, based at Portshmouth Technology Park with a 50/50 hybrid working arrangement.
Essential experience of the Senior Integration Test and Trials Manager
- End to end test validation and System Integration testing
- Demonstrable experience of broad and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within the areas of test and trials management.
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to strategic business intent; good commercial awareness; good knowledge of how the technical function contributes to the business and a good understanding of competitors.
- Proven ability in leading high performing, multi-disciplinary teams in high pressure situations, and delivering successful results to challenging timelines.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess the leadership skills required to lead the technical team to contribute to the growth and success of the business.
Qualifications for the Senior Integration Test and Trials Manager
A first degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification, with extensive, significant on the job experience and growth of key skills, working in the domain and backed up with a tangible track record of achievement.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance, as a minimum.
- Adaptive and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave.
- We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.