Group Security Assurance Advisor
In order to create a safe and secure environment for us all to thrive, the Group Security Assurance Manager will lead on the capture and reporting of security 2nd line assurance, KPIs and metrics across the Group. This Group role will work with operating Sector security leads to produce the right reporting at the right time, exploiting and improving mechanisms to feed the reporting chain from Sectors through to Group. The role will ensure that reporting is managed to schedules defined by the Group Security Leadership Team (LT), as endorsed by QinetiQ Leadership Team (QLT) and the QinetiQ Board.
The Group Security Assurance Manager will analyse reporting methodologies and metrics, and will take on the responsibility for engagement with Group Security LT for further refinement and continuous improvement. The role is pivotal in ensuring that both qualitative and quantitative reporting is produced in the most effective presentation formats.
The Group Security Assurance Manager will play a part in the continuing development of Security Risk Management and Reporting and is a critical post supporting Group Security outputs. The role will provide effective, efficient and reliable reporting that will enhance the trust of the QinetiQ Board, our customers and our partners.
1. Accountable to the Director Group Security for the effective capture, presentation and delivery of security reporting at Group level.
2. Accountable to the Group Head of Security Risk and Assurance for the facilitation of cross-sector collaboration forums for security reporting.
3. Must assist in the development of guidance and improvements to security assurance reporting.
4. Responsible for the effective engagement with QinetiQ Group Audit, Group Assurance and Group Performance Excellence to ensure that reporting is aligned with Global procedures, processes and requirements.
5. Accountable for identifying and alerting where reporting has not been received or compliance with reporting requirements is not met.
6. Accountable for raising time critical assurance concerns with Group Security LT.
7. Responsible for the recording of security assurance reporting and associated actions into QinetiQ tooling or reports as directed.
8. Responsible for the production of ad-hoc reporting, on request, from Group Security LT.
9. Responsible for working with the Group Security LT to help define compliance and reporting metrics.
10. Responsible for working with Sector Security Leads to ensure that assurance actions are managed, monitored and reported effectively, through company tools.
• A good understanding across the broad range of security activities i.e. cyber, information, physical and personnel.
• Excellent critical analysis and information interpretation skills, coupled with the ability to use analytical tools to process and present information effectively.
• Ability to learn from experience with a willingness to continually develop at a personal and team level
• Experienced in assurance frameworks, techniques and their application
• A ‘people person’, with excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with key personnel at all levels across the Group
• Personal and professional attributes are independence, integrity and energy
• Results focused with a “can do will do” approach
• A problem solver who can cut through complexity to support the delivery of solutions
• Calm and effective under pressure
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years in a security-centric industry such as defence, policing or intelligence.
• Demonstrable experience of audit, assurance and compliance techniques.
• Demonstrable experience of business compliance tooling
• Good awareness of security polices as they relate to Global security compliance
• Commensurate Security Clearance to be held and maintained appropriate to the role. Candidate can start on basic BPSS check.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.