Job Title: Cleaner
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time
Role ID: SF16454
The Cleaner will maintain high standards of cleanliness & hygiene across the site; delivering the cleaning schedule / specification & responding to specific customer needs, as required.
Day-to-day, you will be:
- Cleaning of offices, accommodation rooms, conference rooms, laboratories / workshops, kitchens, toilets / showers & general areas across site.
- Cleaning of signage across site.
- Safe use & management of cleaning materials, equipment / tools, substances & areas; ensuring appropriate storage and signage are applied as necessary.
- Collection of waste items from across site and disposal in the correct receptacles; including kitchen & dry waste recycling bins.
- Rapid & efficient response to customer requests / tasks.
- Carrying out weekly shower checks & recording for audit purposes.
Essential experience of the Cleaner:
- Full driving licence (essential)
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Ability to safely deploy equipment/processes
- Manual Handling awareness /risk appreciation
- Previous experience in a similar role
Qualifications for the Cleaner:
We value difference and we don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance, as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Access to an end of year Bonus.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over six thousand dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.