Site Compliance Lead, Portsdown Technology Park
Job Title: Site Complaince Lead
Location: Portsdown Technology Park, Portsmouth + Adaptive Working
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF16465
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us as a Site Complaince Lead at our Portsmouth site (Portsdown Technology Park) where you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and many of the industry’s most brilliant minds.
As a Site Complaince Lead you’ll have a role that is out of the ordinary. Offering an opportunity to work at the intersection of innovative technology and stringent regulatory requirements, ensuring ground - breaking projects meet industry standards and compliance mandates, further contributing to technological advancement and safety assurance.
Day-to-day, you’ll oversee and ensure adherence to regulatory standards and compliance requirements across various projects and activities across the site, ensuring that all operations meet industry regulations, assurance standards e.g. ISO standards and safety protocols.
- You will ensure compliance with relevant regulatory standards and requirements applicable to projects and activities at the PTP site.
- You’ll also identify, assess and manage all aspects of compliance and related risks to maintain a safe and compliant working environment.
- You will maintain accurate records and documentation of compliance activities, incidents and corrective actions; generating reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help others, developing and implementing support to staff to ensure relevant regulatory obligations and best practices.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to drive continuous improvement through initiatives to enhance compliance processes, procedures and systems across the PTP site.
This is a permanent full – time opportunity with flexibility in working
Essential experience of the Site Complaince Lead
We value difference and we don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
- You’ll need a strong understanding of relevant regulatory standards and requirements applicable to the industry, with demonstrated experience in ensuring compliance.
- You’ll also need an understanding of relevant risks with the ability to identify, assess and manage compliance related risks to ensure a safe and compliant environment across the site.
- You will need strong record keeping skills to maintain accurate documentation to generate timely compliance reports for both internal & external stakeholders and regulatory authorities.
- You’ll need strong stakeholder engagement experience and general strength of character in order to support continuous development and become an integrated member of our robust site, within the operations, management and leadership teams to achieve successful shared compliance outcomes.
- You’ll also need relevant experience within a similar role; as well as a demonstrated understanding of operations, compliance, risk, governance, regulated work or work within relevant regulatory frameworks.
Qualifications for the Site Compliance Lead
- You’ll need an awareness or understanding of relevant standards and processes e.g. ISO Standards (9001, 14001, 17025, 45001 and 50001).
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in relevant Health and Safety, compliance standards, processes, tools and governance.
- Relevant desirable qualifications may include NEBOSH, Qualified Lead Risk Assessor, EHS (or similar) Incident Investigator.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance, as a minimum.
- Adaptive and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave.
- We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community.
Our volunteering programme enables our people to use their professional skills to make a positive difference in our local communities, for example STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) ambassador days in schools. We support a number of charities that are important to our people, including those which help the defence community.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.