RF Spectrum Consultant
Job Title: RF Spectrum Consultant
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent or Fixed Term Contract
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us as a RF Spectrum Consultant working in Spectrum Research at our Malvern site where you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and many of the industry’s most brilliant minds.
As a RF Spectrum Consultant, you will have a role that is out of the ordinary, You will provide subject matter expertise within the area of RF networks and communications to support QinetiQ and customer technical requirements to allow them to meet their business objectives.
Day-to-day, you will provide skills and vision to provide high calibre technical expertise to allow QinetiQ or the customer to make informed business decisions.
You will work across delivery programmes and campaigns within the business, customer and business development communities to support the development of winning proposals and to deliver complicated communications solutions and capabilities
Role Responsibilities of the RF Spectrum Consultant:
• Being an expert in your field with a good record of accomplishment of technical contributions in Spectrum and Communications.
• Experience motivating, mentoring and encouraging team members to develop the next generation of SMEs.
• Experience in working with customers to identifying new business opportunities.
• Experience taking responsibility for problem definition, in conjunction with customers, users and colleagues, and capable of scoping out and assembling high quality written project documentation (e.g. proposals, reports etc).
This is a full time permanent position based at our Malvern site offering an adaptive working model.
Essential Experience of the RF Spectrum Consultant:
• Radio propagation modelling
• Channel modelling and simulation
• Coexistence studies
• Spectrum management
• System requirements development, design and testing of RF system hardware including practical experimentation through lab and field trials
Expertise with some or all of the following would be desirable, but not essential:
• Design, build and test of prototype RF sensing systems using primarily commercially available subsystems including software defined radios (SDR)
• Understanding of digital and analogue communications systems including MIMO, beamforming and other coding techniques
Qualifications for the RF Spectrum Consultant:
A first degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification, with extensive on the job experience of working in the domain and backed up with a tangible track record of achievement.
Being a recognised expert with a broad and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within the areas of Spectrum and Communications matched with a good breadth of technical knowledge in complementary disciplines.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance, as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
• Adaptive and flexible working
• Generous holiday allowance
• Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave.
• We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community.
Our volunteering programme enables our people to use their professional skills to make a positive difference in our local communities, for example STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) ambassador days in schools. We support a number of charities that are important to our people, including those which help the defence community.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please contact your regional recruiting team in strictest confidence. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.