Assistant Commercial Manager, 8 Month Fixed Term Contract
Job Title: Assistant Commercial Manager
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package Role Type: 8 month FTC
Role ID: SF16469
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us as an Assistant Commercial Manager at our Farnborough site where you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and many of the industry’s most brilliant minds.
As an Assistant Commercial Manager you’ll have a role that is out of the ordinary, providing commercial support as required in accordance with the established commercial policy and strategy.
Day-to-day, you’ll operate effectively in multi-disciplined teams, supporting a variety of Business Areas and Commercial Leads.
- Advise teams of appropriate strategies and approaches for each bid.
- Identify show stoppers and potential business challenges in customer terms and conditions, behaviours, and performance.
- Self-management of own work load, but able to manage a portfolio of multiple bids and or contracts at the same time.
- Drafting of business-to-business agreements
Essential experience of the Assistant Commercial Manager
- Operate effectively in multi-disciplined teams (includes use of appropriate business tools i.e. a CMS).
- Proven communication and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to gain trust of the customer community so that the individual is positively contributing to the business winning and sustainment of new business.
- Developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt and integrate to changing work environments and multiple teams
Qualifications for the Assistant Commercial Manager
University degree, MCIPS, IACCM Practitioner level or demonstrable, relevant practical experience.
- Adaptive and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave.
- We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in a diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Visit our website to read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
As a company of thousands of dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants who already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information, which mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may affect the roles that you can be employed in.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please contact your regional recruiting team in strictest confidence. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.