Doctor - Aviation and Space Medicine
Job Title: Doctor – Aviation and Space Medicine
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time
Role ID: SF16492
To lead and support the development of aviation and space medicine output on a diverse range of projects across the QinetiQ portfolio, to support our military and commercial clients in the UK and overseas.
Day-to-day, you will be:
- Working towards qualifying in Aviation & Space Medicine.
- Ensure the safe conduct of aviation and space relevant participant research and trials.
- Conduct work across a range of aviation medicine subjects including G, altitude, spatial disorientation, thermal, fatigue, hearing protection, crash and impact, and flight trials.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team including physiologists, engineers and psychologists.
- Provide aviation and space medicine technical input to a range of tasks, from medical oversight of participant trials in a range of aviation relevant environments, to leading or contributing to participant trials in a range of aviation related environments.
Essential experience of the Doctor:
- You must be able to provide objective evidence of past and current interest in Aviation & Space Medicine.
Qualifications for the Doctor:
- Qualified in medicine in a recognised university or medical school.
- Hold UK General Medical Council (GMC) Full Registration with a licence to practice
- Should have completed one of the below:
- 2 years of Internal Medicine (IM) Stage 1, or
- 2 years of Acute Care Common Stem-Acute/Internal Medicine (ACCS-AM/IM), or
- 3 years of Core Anaesthetics
- 3 years of General Practice
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance, as a minimum.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over six thousand dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.