Lincoln Site, Office Manager 6 Month FTC
The Office Manager runs the QQ Lincoln office on a day-to-day basis. They provide administrative, reception and compliance services.
Based on reception at QinetiQ’s Lincoln office, this role will be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of office operations, reflective of a FTSE 250 company.
The candidate must be driven to seek innovative ways to surpass customer expectations, both through excellent customer service, and dynamic operational working procedures.
This role will be very varied, and the candidate must be happy to work in an office environment that can be extremely busy, as well as quieter at times. This role must where possible organise and plan these periods to create a smooth running atmosphere.
• To be the main point of contact for all staff and visitors in the office, and handle enquires with a competent and polite attitude. Answering and screening telephone calls and visitors.
• To be alert and aware to any security risks that might threaten QinetiQ business, employees, visitors, or office environment, and report to the relevant point of contact. Recording and monitoring all staff members and contractors that have access to the building and office (via proximity).
• Ensure the smooth booking and running of all meetings and events. Catering to be delivered and arranged appropriately, rooms to be presentable, clean, and tidy, and IS systems (teleconference, videoconferencing etc.) functioning correctly.
• Ensure the office is maintained and to a high specification, this includes management of hard and soft services. There will be a mix of QinetiQ managed assets (e.g. access control, and general IT including printers) and QinetiQ Third Party managed systems (e.g. fire system, lifts). This will involve liaising with a third party who are contracted to provide maintenance and laising with the QinetiQ Estates team, where appropiate. Escalating where appropriate issues, and concerns with Estates Facilities and IT Management.
• Budget management and controlling of all Lincoln office spend. Management to ensure all Financial administration is completed on time, including monitoring and recording of purchase card spend and reallocating catering costs to businesses cost centres.
• Provide general assistance to senior leadership as deemed necessary.
• Fire Warden, First Aid and Mental Health First Aid trained and representative for office.
• Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels
• Ability to use initiative in non-standard situations
• Competent in MS Office
• Competent in the use of Ariba and the QinetiQ purchasing process (training will be provided)
• Understanding of Governement Security Classifiations
• Able to make decisions based on their levels of knowledge and experience
• Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to train, motivate and organise others
Experience & Qualifications
• Level 3 or equivalent business administration qualification or equivalent experience
• Working towards a Level 4 qualification/gaining equivalent experience
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.