Team Leader Data Analytics
Job Title: Team Lead in Data Analytics
Location: Malvern or Farnborough + Adaptive Working Arrangement
Package: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time or Part time considered
Role ID: SF16438
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. We are looking for a skilled professional Senior Data scientist to join the Data Science and Engineering (DSE) Group to undertake people management of a team and technical project delivery in a senior leadership role.
The team undertakes a wide variety of exciting, innovative and leading edge research in the areas of Data Science, AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Tracking for Security, Defence and Commercial customers. Our capabilities cover machine learning and data science specialists, human science practitioners and software developers. We have the ambition to grow our leading-edge Data Science capability to support projects across the whole breadth of QinetiQ’s global portfolio of programmes.
You will be a proven Subject Matter Expert with a track record in designing solutions, leading bids for complex programmes, achieving successful delivery of large projects and has experience in people management. You will be part of the technical leadership in this area, contributing to defining strategy and identifying direction of travel for the skill area influencing colleagues and customers in an exciting high-paced, leading-edge technology environment.
Full time/part time or flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Team Lead in Data Analytics
• Proven experience of working in a leadership role, focused on customer needs and requirements with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in some aspects of the engineering of data processing pipelines, including some of the open-source and branded tools
• Delivery of technical leadership.
• Proven experience understanding the broad and diverse technical domains the team supports and the implications to the development.
Experienced and knowledgeable in some aspects of at least one of the following:
• Machine Learning
• Natural Language Processing
• Computer Vision
• Signal Processing
Desirable Experience of some or all of the following:
• Working with multi-lingual text. • Agile or scaled Agile teams.
• Data association and inference techniques.
• Virtualisation and cloud technologies.
• Full product development lifecycle from requirements to user testing.
• Writing technical proposals in a competitive environment.
• More general engineering design and implementation processes.
Qualifications for the Team Lead in Data Analytics
• Qualified to at least University Honours Degree in a STEM subject or a PhD in a Science subject.
Technologies we use:
• Operating systems include: Linux (various flavours) and Windows.
• Libraries include: BERT, Gensim, Hugging Face, Keras, NLTK, NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Scikit-learn, SciPy, SpaCy, Stanford CoreNLP, TensorFlow, USE.
• Cloud environments include: AWS, Azure.
• Tools include: Conda, Git, Jupyter
The successful candidate will hold SC security clearance,and ideally a DV, or the ability to apply for DV in due course if necessary.
UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
• Adaptive and flexible working
• Generous holiday allowance
• Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
• We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
Our volunteering programme enables our people to use their professional skills to make a positive difference in our local communities, for example STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) ambassador days in schools. We support a number of charities that are important to our people, including those which help the defence community.
Why join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, adaptive and flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants that already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information that mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may have an effect on the roles that you can be employed in.