Director Technology Solutions Threat Representation
QinetiQ is a global defence and security company and employs more than 8000 people in more than 50 locations around the world. We offer our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products and help solve some of their most challenging problems.
Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn. Globally QinetiQ has four Sectors, one of which is the ‘Australia Sector’’. The Australia Sector has more than 1,200 employees operating across four countries, namely Australia, Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Over the past ten years QinetiQ has been investing in threat representation capabilities, including un-crewed aerial and maritime drone, and piloted adversarial air and aerial training support. Under the Australia Sector’s ‘Threat Representation’ business unit we bring together this strategic capability to deliver an integrated service offering to our global customer base.
We are pleased to now welcome applications for a key member of the Threat Representation leadership team – the Director, Technology Solutions.
Reporting to the Business Unit Managing Director, as the Director of Technology Solutions, you will be responsible for the product and technology portfolios of the business unit and for ‘future proofing’ the technology portfolio.
More specifically, you will:
- Prepare and recommend the target state technology product portfolio for an integrated global threat representation business
- Analyse, recommend and implement the optimal integration of data, tools, processes and procedures across the business unit’s engineering capabilities and the interfaces to the UK Defence Sector and US Sector capabilities
- Create the tools, methods and communication to provide global integration, transparency and decision making of live threat representation platforms in the underwater, maritime surface, land and air domain, core enabling technologies and deployment for crewed and un-crewed live platforms and integration and coherence of live, virtual, synthetic and simulated systems for a holistic threat representation capability portfolio
- Define and implement the optimal organisation design of engineering to enable global coordination and local decision making and delivery performance
- Establish and lead a cross-Sector (Australia, UK Defence and US) steering panel to enable global transparency and coordination of threat representation product and engineering capabilities
- Partner with the Country Managing Directors in strengthening QinetiQ’s impact on health, safety and the environment
- Contribute to the successful planning and achievement of delivery, growth and enabling targets and within the Threat Representation Engineering community, cultivate a culture of global coordination, shared learning and continuous improvement, and local decision making and delivery performance
- Facilitate and support the Business Unit’s Managing Directors to plan, resource, deliver and continuously improve the engineering and technical capabilities
- Be responsible to the Australia Sector Chief Technology Officer for the business unit’s functional excellence
As the ideal candidate for this senior role, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in successfully delivering in a global or multi-national company and/ or the ability and mindset to integrate and collaborate across multiple geographical locations, time zones and cultures
- Exemplary leadership abilities and a proven track record as a role model for company values, behaviours and ethical standards and in fostering a culture where employees can thrive
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to make connections and partner with global stakeholders, role modelling collaboration in the daily delivery of the business unit
- An understanding of how to successfully deliver in a matrix organisation and an understanding and appreciation of business governance and assurance
- Experience in leading multi-skilled, high performing teams in complex environments
- Comprehensive and varied operations technical and professional experience in multiple environments and contexts or locations
Due to the international ‘spread’ of the business unit, this role may be located in the UK (Farnborough or Ashford) or in Australia (Nowra, New South Wales – or within a ‘driveable’ commute to Nowra). Relocation assistance is available.
To be eligible to work the role from Australia, applicants must hold or be eligible to hold an Australian Defence security clearance @ Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1). In order to work the role from the UK, applicants need to hold or be eligible to hold a United Kingdom Security Check (SC).
To apply for the Australian based role, please see: https://careers.qinetiq.com/job-invite/16258/ . Enquiries from Australian applicants should be directed to Cathy Riach, Australia Sector Head of Talent Acquisition (email: CLRiach@qinetiq.com.au).
A position description is available upon request.
Applications close Friday 23rd February, 2024.
Looking for an Employer with Benefits?
At QinetiQ, our competitive remuneration and benefits package supports your evolving needs throughout your career. You’ll share in the company’s success, and be rewarded for your own. We’ll invest in your professional development and provide an inclusive environment for you to succeed.
Some of our benefits include:
- Individual Professional development allowance
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Flexible work
- Annual incentive scheme
- Annual volunteering leave with Operation Give Back
As the defence industry grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers' advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan, we also encourage applications from women and veterans.
QinetiQ conducts pre-employment screening, including but not limited to identity verification and police checks, for all preferred candidates.