Mortgage Lending Specialist
- Further develop mortgage/lending knowledge and expertise.
- Utilise your exceptional customer service skills.
- Work/life balance and career growth and development on offer.
Purpose of the role
Join our dynamic Mortgage Lending Support team, where we're excited to offer 2 permanent, full-time opportunities. Supporting our Newcastle Permanent aligned brand/products, you’ll play a vital role in the lending process, and will enjoy opportunities for growth and skill enhancement.
In these roles, you'll be instrumental in delivering specialised assistance to our valued Mortgage Broker network. Your focus will be on providing prompt, friendly, and compliant service, ensuring a seamless experience for all stakeholders.
Come be a part of a rewarding environment that values your contributions and offers ample opportunities for professional development and advancement.
What will your key responsibilities include?
- Providing support to, and liaising with members of our Mortgage Broker network to complete all loan documentation, delivering a superior service to our members.
- Assisting Brokers with structuring lending deals.
- Mortgage loan application data entry and preparation of loan files for credit assessment.
- Resolving member issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Providing training for new team members.
- Participating in project working groups, as required, including writing test cases, UAT testing, and live testing.
What are we looking for?
Mortgage lending experience would be an asset in this role, otherwise top-up lending experience will see you in good stead. Alternatively, personal lending or loan processing experience will also be well-regarded. Additionally, we’re looking for:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Well-developed problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with the demonstrated ability to produce quality work, free of errors and discrepancies, as well as the ability to effectively review a piece of information.
- The ability to quickly adapt and adjust to changing situations and processes.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy – competence in Microsoft Office Programs with a focus on Microsoft Outlook.
What can you expect from us?
NGM Group employees can take advantage of the following work perks:
Health and wellbeing; Fitness passport, corporate health insurance and annual flu vaccination.
Lifestyle and giving back; Flexible work including opportunity for hybrid work arrangements once training is completed, hotel discounts, 14 weeks paid parental leave, two community volunteer days per year and three recreational leave days per year.
Professional advancement; Diverse career opportunities, recognition programs, and employee referral program.
We’re NGM Group, and we offer retail banking services to more than half a million Australians under the brands Greater Bank and Newcastle Permanent.
We have fresh energy and big goals for our customers, and our people are key to us achieving this success. If you’re ready to be part of a team that puts the customer first and enjoys a challenge as the path to growth and innovation, then … we want you!
Collectively, we’re the largest customer-owned bank based on net assets and the 10th largest Australian-owned bank for household deposits. A financial powerhouse headquartered in the Hunter, we have a workforce of more than 1,600 people and total assets of more than $20 billion.