Payments Operations Manager
ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently and deliver great guest experiences. ROLLER helps its customers through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point-of-sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers, and more. We are a fast-growing global company with customers in over 30 countries and a wide array of industries like theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, and wake parks - just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team - which consists of 110+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to help build a great and enduring business. We truly believe that the sky's the limit for us, and we are well on our way toward becoming a global success story. But most of all, we love what we do, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this amazing journey!
About the Role
We are on the hunt for a highly organized and collaborative operational expert to join us as our new Payments Operations Manager! You will be instrumental in developing and maintaining processes, be an escalation point for queries and assist the customer success team support payments in the business.
Why Should You Apply
You’ll be responsible for managing our risk & compliance performance, reviewing our funding & transaction integrity, supporting clients & escalations and providing key input into overall payments strategy. It’s an opportunity to make the role your own and really advance your career in payments or develop a payments specialization. You’ll get to apply and learn knowledge of global payment solutions coupled with SaaS/Fin-Tech experience to make a significant impact at ROLLER!
What You’ll Do
- Manage risk & compliance performance inline with established policies and procedures including underwriting, negative balances, chargebacks/fraud and PCI security
- Review daily funding processes for clients & correct anomalies
- Communicate with clients and manage escalations around funding and transaction exceptions
- Monitor interchange, fees and transaction integrity, working alongside product development teams to reduce costs and ensure ongoing compliance
- Ideally leverage BI tools and basic scripting to monitor transaction processing for exceptions and data integrity issues, working with internal teams and partners to resolve issues
- Develop & maintain a level of expertise regarding ROLLER’s operations process as well as technical & software capabilities
- Coordinate with internal support, implementation, customer success, account management and sales teams to ensure client escalations are resolved
- Develop and deliver all processes and documentation relating to Payments training
- Provide key input into overall payments strategy, raising key improvements and investment required to improve ROLLER payment operations and efficiency
- Assist with projects associated with payment networks and processors including new and updated integrations, new features, and new partnerships.
- Participate in national and global payment entity communities and organizations to represent ROLLER Pay.
You’ve been there, done that and have a bias for action and results. You’ll bring your strong analytical and technical mindset, working closely with our Head of Payments to manage risk & compliance of the Payments function whilst also tapping into your knowledge and expertise in payment processing an facilitation.
You’ll also bring:
- At least 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of payment solutions and/or finance industry products and systems
- Advanced excel skills or Data analytics
- Experience having worked with card schemes, terminal management, or supporting embedded financial products.
- Prior SaaS sales support or account management experience
- Outstanding interpersonal, influencing, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven experience in defining and achieving growth targets and success metrics
- You are a natural leader with the ability to motivate and manage teams across multiple functions
- You bring a strong work ethic with superior time management abilities.
- You are someone who obsesses over customer success with a passion for customers and business.
- You are a self-starter and navigate blockers with initiative.
- You get to work on a category-leading product that customers love in a fun, high-growth industry- check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year (that is 4 additional days of leave that we all take off together as a team to rest and recuperate)
- Engage in our ‘Vibe Tribe’ - led by our team members; you can contribute to company-wide initiatives directly. Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns... you name it. We're willing to make it happen!
- Team member Assistance Program to proactively support our team's health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more.
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary carers and 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for secondary carers
- Highly flexible work environment with an All Access pass to WeWork depending on your location
- Work with a driven, fun, and switched-on team that likes to raise the bar in all we do.
- Individual learning & development budget plus genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand!
What You Can Expect
- Initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
You’ll have an initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to chat through some of your experience to date, salary expectations and you can check off any initial questions you might have.
- Interview with our Head of Payments
You will get to meet with our Head of Payments to learn more about the role & ROLLER whilst also talking through your experience in more detail
- Loop Interviews
This is where you will get to meet our wider ROLLER team to do a ‘vibe check’ on us to make sure our culture & vibe meet what you are looking for!
If all lights are green and the fit feels right, we’ll conduct reference checks and you'll receive an offer to join!