C# .Net Software Engineer
ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently and deliver great guest experiences. ROLLER helps its customers through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point-of-sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers, and more. We are a fast-growing global company with customers in over 30 countries and a wide array of industries like theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, and wake parks - just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team - which consists of 120+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to help build a great and enduring business. We truly believe that the sky's the limit for us, and we are well on our way toward becoming a global success story. But most of all, we love what we do, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this amazing journey!
About the Role & Tech You’ll Use
As a vital member of our Product & Tech team, you will utilize your expertise to work within our ecosystem of applications, services and infrastructure using a combination of C#, T-SQL/SQL Server and harness the multitude of services offered by AWS including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, and SQS.
Our team is constantly evaluating new and emerging technologies to enable faster innovation and provide our customers with exceptional experiences.
What You’ll Do
You will build elegant solutions with code to solve problems primarily focused on our APIs, Payments and Integrations Services, Reporting Data Platform and contribute directly to the success of our customers by:
- Designing, building and maintaining secure, scalable software
- Enhancing the platform to empower our global customer base in delivering world-class guest experiences
- Troubleshooting and debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Promoting quality through software craftsmanship, agile best practices, and continuous delivery/deployment techniques
As a .Net Software Engineer you will be:
- Proficient in software engineering practices with 4+ years of experience
- Detail-oriented mindset, with a passion for continuous learning and development
- Fluent with C# .Net 6+ / Web API
- Experienced with SQL Server, modern ORMS, and optimizing TSQL
- Familiar with continuous delivery and automated deployments (CI/CD)
- Proficient with AWS, or other cloud platforms such as Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledgeable in modern, cloud-based architectures, and skilled in enhancing their speed, scalability, security, and fault tolerance
- Deep expertise in creating solutions for transactional business solutions, payment processing, big data, or high availability and performance cloud infrastructure
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing software solutions
- A self-starter who finds practical solutions to challenging problems and enjoys simplifying complexity
- Curious and thrive on being involved, with a desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across different time zones
- Egoless, team-oriented and people focused
- Passionate about learning new things and encouraging others to learn and share
- You get to work on a category-leading product that customers love in a fun, high-growth industry- check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year (that is 4 additional days of leave that we all take off together as a team to rest and recuperate)
- Engage in our ‘Vibe Tribe’ - led by our team members; you can contribute to company-wide initiatives directly. Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns... you name it. We're willing to make it happen!
- Team member Assistance Program to proactively support our team's health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more.
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary carers and 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for secondary carers
- Highly flexible work environment with an All Access pass to WeWork depending on your location
- Work with a driven, fun, and switched-on team that likes to raise the bar in all we do.
- Individual learning & development budget plus genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand!
What You Can Expect
- Initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
You’ll have an initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to chat through some of your experience to date, salary expectations and you can check off any initial questions you might have
- Interview with our Chief Technology Officer
You will get to meet with our Chief Technology Officer to learn more about the role and ROLLER whilst talking through your experience along with technical questions
- Loop Interviews & Whiteboard Session
This is where you will get to meet with our wider ROLLER team to do a ‘vibe check’ on us to make sure our culture & vibe meet what you are looking for as well as a whiteboard session to dive deeper into your technical skills.
If all lights are green and the fit feels right, we’ll conduct reference checks and you’ll receive an offer to join!