Front-End Software Engineer (Angular)
ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently and deliver great guest experiences. ROLLER helps its customers through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point-of-sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers, and more. We are a fast-growing global company with customers in over 30 countries and a wide array of industries like theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, and wake parks - just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team - which consists of 120+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to help build a great and enduring business. We truly believe that the sky's the limit for us, and we are well on our way toward becoming a global success story. But most of all, we love what we do, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this amazing journey!
About the Role
As the Front-End Software Engineer, your day to day tasks will consist of analysing product requirements, identifying technical approaches, making practical choices among multiple solutions and writing maintainable code.
We are a team of people that are always raising the bar and inspired by the positive impacts we bring to our customers and our industry. We all go together and you can join a team that makes it happen, has team members who are extensively experienced in designing and implementation of software solutions.
We are self-starters who are curious and shake the tree whilst thriving on being involved, with a desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across different timezones.
You’ll be surrounded by egoless, team-oriented people who keep it real and focus on successful outcomes to be able to make a genuine impact doing the best work of your life and obsess over customer success.
What You’ll Do
You will work closely with our designers and back-end teams to make our software magical by:
- Building and enhancing the user interface of our suite of Angular apps
- Improving the efficiency and familiarity of user experience via design systems and reusable components
- Applying a pragmatic lens to designs to collaborate with designers to maximise user outcomes with available resources
- Leveraging your experience and interest as we chart towards the use of Progressive Web Apps to evolve our apps
As a Front-End Software Engineer you will bring:
- 4+ years of experience as a Front-End Software Engineer
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern HTML and CSS including pre-processors (SCSS, LESS)
- Commercial experience with Angular/AngularJS
- The ability to write CSS in an explicit portable manner with correct selector intent
- Ability to review technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Understanding of cross-device and browser compatibility
- Proficient in use of Figma, Sketch, Invision and equivalent applications
- Front end build tools such as Gulp.js, Bower or Grunt
- Git version control
Bonus points if you have::
- Knowledge of OOCSS - Experience with intuit or the BEM architecture, will be looked upon highly
- Experience working with Component Library tooling and/or design systems
- Experience with transitional and feedback animation
- Experience in working with modern, cloud-based architectures, RESTful APIs, event-driven services and serverless tools
- Focus on continuous delivery and automated deployments, experience with CI/CD
- You get to work on a category-leading product that customers love in a fun, high-growth industry- check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year (that is 4 additional days of leave that we all take off together as a team to rest and recuperate)
- Claim up to AUD$200 work from home expenses per month
- Engage in our ‘Vibe Tribe’ - led by our team members; you can contribute to company-wide initiatives directly. Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns... you name it. We're willing to make it happen!
- Team member Assistance Program to proactively support our team's health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more.
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary carers and 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for secondary carers
- Highly flexible work environment with an All Access pass to WeWork depending on your location
- Work with a driven, fun, and switched-on team that likes to raise the bar in all we do.
- Individual learning & development budget plus genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand!
What You Can Expect
- Initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
You’ll have an initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to chat through some of your experience to date, salary expectations and you can check off any initial questions you might have
- Interview with our Chief Technology Officer
You will get to meet with our Chief Technology Officer to learn more about the role and ROLLER whilst talking through your experience along with technical questions
- Loop Interviews & Whiteboard Session
This is where you will get to meet with our wider ROLLER team to do a ‘vibe check’ on us to make sure our culture & vibe meet what you are looking for as well as a whiteboard session to dive deeper into your technical skills.
If all lights are green and the fit feels right, we’ll conduct reference checks and you’ll receive an offer to join!