Executive Business Partner to the CEO
ROLLER is not your average software-as-a-service company. With a global presence in over 30 countries, we’re here to bring some excitement to the leisure and attractions industry and make a difference! Our mission is to help businesses operate smoothly and create fun and memorable guest experiences by providing seamless ticketing, point-of-sale, self-serve kiosks, memberships and digital waivers processes.
But here’s the best part: our team. We’re a group of 120+ highly passionate, enthusiastic, and down-to-earth professionals located all around the world who are all working together to build something truly remarkable. We’re aiming high and believe that the possibilities are endless. As we continue to grow globally, we’re excited to write our own success story and have fun along the way.
We genuinely love what we do, and we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us on this amazing journey. If you’re ready to be part of a dynamic team and make a real impact, then come aboard and let’s create some unforgettable experiences together at ROLLER!
About the Role
We are on the hunt for an experienced Executive Business Partner to work closely with our CEO & Founder. You will play a critical role partnering with the CEO as a trusted advisor and confidant, contributing directly to the success of the company and participating in strategic decision-making.
This role is required in Sydney because our CEO is based there. Whilst we enjoy all the benefits of working flexibly and remotely at ROLLER, in this role you will need to physically head into our Sydney hub and travel interstate/internationally when required.
Why Should You Apply
Being the first Executive Business Partner at ROLLER, you will have the unique opportunity to build and shape the role whilst being part of the growth ROLLER is experiencing. Through working closely with the CEO, you will play a critical role in supporting and helping the company succeed and will have the opportunity to make a genuine impact.
You are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities. You love working with lots of dynamic people and multiple teams at once ensuring that tasks and goals are completed.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a strategic partner to the CEO, providing valuable insights, research, analysis, and recommendations to support decision-making and drive organisational growth.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO to understand his thoughts and vision, and then action through to completion being able to represent him when needed.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and various internal teams, ensuring alignment and timely execution of projects.
- Assist and support company and SLT initiatives ensuring tasks are on track and goals are met.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including employees, customers, board members, and investors.
- Collaborate with the CEO to create compelling, clear and concise presentations, high-quality documents, reports and proposals ensuring accuracy & consistency
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, templates, agendas and minutes. Follow up on action items and ensure timely completion.
- Managing the CEO’s calendar, email, travel and meetings/workshops when needed.
As a skilled Executive Business Partner, you will have experience being part of a fast-paced environment and will have strong organisational & time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Through your vibrant and positive attitude, you bring your strong communication skills and ability to create strong relationships with stakeholders whilst also having the ability to work independently.
- Proven experience as an Executive Business Partner, Executive Assistant or Chief of Staff supporting C-level executives, preferably with a tech company
- Strong commercial experience and analytical skills, with the ability to analyse data, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to support strategic decision-making
- Excellent verbal, written communication and attention to detail
- Tech savvy - proficient using G-Suite tools & Slack
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion
- You get to work on a category-leading product that customers love in a fun, high-growth industry- check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year (that is 4 additional days of leave that we all take off together as a team to rest and recuperate)
- Engage in our ‘Vibe Tribe’ - led by our team members; you can contribute to company-wide initiatives directly. Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns... you name it. We're willing to make it happen!
- Team member Assistance Program to proactively support our team's health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more.
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary carers and 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for secondary carers
- Highly flexible work environment with an All Access pass to WeWork depending on your location
- Work with a driven, fun, and switched-on team that likes to raise the bar in all we do.
- Individual learning & development budget plus genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand!
What You Can Expect
- Initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
You’ll have an initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to chat through some of your experience to date, salary expectations and you can check off any initial questions you might have.
- Interview with our CEO
You will get to meet with our CEO to learn more about the role & ROLLER whilst also talking through your experience in more detail
- Loop Interviews
This is where you will get to meet our wider ROLLER team to do a ‘vibe check’ on us to make sure our culture & vibe meet what you are looking for!
If all lights are green and the fit feels right, we’ll conduct reference checks and you'll receive an offer to join!