Event Operations Manager
ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently and effectively and deliver great guest experiences. ROLLER helps its customers offer amazing guest experiences through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point-of-sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers, and more. We are a fast-growing global company with customers in over 25 countries in many industries, from theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, and wake parks - just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team - which consists of 100+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to helping build a great and enduring business. We truly believe that the sky's the limit for us, and we are well on our way to becoming a global success story. But most of all, we love what we do... and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this amazing journey!
About the Role
We’re seeking a Manager, Event Operations with 3-5 years of experience managing B2B conferences. You will lead the execution of in-person and virtual events from start to finish in collaboration with sales, marketing, and operations business units.
Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or marketing, has successfully worked on events (including conferences and tradeshows) with 500+ attendees, and has great self-sufficiency in accomplishing their goals.
Domestic travel within the US is required for this role, and international travel may also apply.
What You'll Do:
- Nurture, build relationships, and manage communications with vendors, venues, other industry contacts, and key internal stakeholders to craft and implement creative and logistical aspects of in-person and virtual events
- This includes management of booth setup (inc. documentation, insurance, A/V & electrical, etc.), promotional material and print ordering, and operational logistics (shipping, travel, and accommodation) for which this role serves as a liaison between external parties and internal teams
- Support the ROLLER team in the planning and facilitation of logistics for all events, including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, catering, entertainment, transportation, equipment, and decor
- Collaborate with copywriter, designer, and media planner to plan for pre-event promotion across email, social media, and other digital platforms
- Work closely with the sales team on lead management, nurture, and post-event follow-up, including management of progression through key lifecycle stages
- Develop a run-sheet for the day(s) of the event to help mitigate risk and ensure that team members are held accountable and that there is transparency in the planning process
- Comply with legal, insurance, health, and safety regulations at all times
- Attendance at some (but not all) events required, taking on the role of facilitator and back-of-house operations
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, hospitality, marketing, or a related discipline
- Experience in marketing, sales, and/or public relations
- Proven success as a B2B event planner or coordinator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in maintaining and building enriching business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, project management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and work on tight deadlines
- Experience working with remote teams, including international teams
- You get to work on a category-leading product that customers love in a fun, high-growth industry- check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year (that is 4 additional days of leave that we all take off together as a team to rest and recuperate)
- Claim up to AUD$200 work from home expenses per month
- 16 weeks paid Parental leave for primary carers and 4 weeks paid Parental leave for secondary carers
- Free Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Engage in our ‘Vibe Tribe’ - led by our team members; you can contribute to company-wide initiatives directly. Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns... you name it. We're willing to make it happen!
- Team member Assistance Program to proactively support our team's health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more.
- Highly flexible work environment with an All Access pass to WeWork depending on your location
- Work with a driven, fun, and switched-on team that likes to raise the bar in all we do.
- Individual learning and development budget plus genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand!
What You Can Expect
- Initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
You’ll have an initial call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to chat through some of your experience to date, salary expectations and you can check off any initial questions you might have.
- Interview with our Senior Events Manager
You will get to meet with our Senior Events Manager to learn more about the role & ROLLER whilst also talking through your experience in more detail
- Loop Interviews
This is where you will get to meet our wider ROLLER team to do a ‘vibe check’ on us to make sure our culture & vibe meet what you are looking for!