Accounts Receivable & Collections Clerk
Accounts Receivable & Collections Clerk is responsible for monitoring and managing customers’ account and billing. They need to ensure all billing were process and payment being recorded in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for invoicing customers for goods sold and services rendered according to the customer’s contract monthly.
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data accurately in system.
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Send monthly statements timely, reminder for on time payment, aged receivables, billing issues & other AR inquires.
- Reviewing blocked orders and manual release involves assessing customer account performance, including payment history and disputes. Orders exceeding approval limit need escalated to the management for further advice and approval.
- Investigating and resolving any discrepancies or enquiries, initiates requests for clarification with operations team as needed
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent account holders to request payment.
- Prepare Quarterly Collection forecast.
- Support Quarter-end collection target
- Perform month-end close activities.
- Performs other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
PREFRRED QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Hands-on experience in ERP software, SAP is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
- Analytical ability, organized and had a keen eye for detail to spot any issues that may arise.