Machine Operator 2
Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado (Federal)
Machine Operator: Sets up, operates, and troubleshoots a variety of automatic or semi-automatic manufacturing machines including robotic assembly equipment used in the production of the company's semiconductor products. Responsible for the overall operation of potentially large-scale manufacturing machinery including actions such as feeding materials for processing, adjusting settings, and pulling finished product from the line. Works from computer driven program or written/verbal instructions given by Management or Engineering to perform processing, troubleshooting, dispositioning, and documenting all actions in a timely manner in order to meet Production goals and requirements.
- Checks and inspects operation results against predetermined tolerances – SPC charts.
- Operate traditional fab equipment.
- Operate tools needed to complete wafer processing.
- Follow proper material handling guidelines; handle delicate materials.
- Follow proper cleanroom protocols.
- Perform first level maintenance troubleshooting and determine if maintenance intervention is needed.
- Interface with Engineering, Maintenance, and Management daily
- Ability to troubleshoot tool errors and be able to make adjustments accordingly, while continuing to provide a quality product.
- Perform first level engineering troubleshooting and dispositioning of lots/wafers.
- Ability to perform needed actions to allow production to continue in a timely manner, without jeopardizing quality.
- Setup, operate, and troubleshoot assigned production equipment striving to achieve goals for quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Understand and identify defects in accordance with applicable workmanship and communicate/collaborate on how to decrease or eliminate.
- Minimum of 6 months required, 3-5 years of machine operating experience or equivalent preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in manufacturing/cleanroom setting a plus.
- Must be able to work compressed work shifts.
- Standing for 12-hour shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good mechanical aptitude and vision/finger dexterity
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read and comprehend component part markings and polarity.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Documentation, work instructions, and data collection charts.
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Fluent in the English language both written and verbal.
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
This position will remain open until filled.
The salary ranges corresponding to this role is as follows:
Machine Operator II $32,900 - $61,100
Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance, personal time off and other benefits available.
Machine Operators are eligible for quarterly bonuses and 10% shift differential for swing shift and 15% shift differential for night shift.