Chemical Process Engineer II
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado (Elkton)
Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC; www.semtech.com) is a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. Semtech is an organization headquartered in Camarillo, California with 31 offices in 14 countries around the world.
Chemical Process Engineer: Responsible for designing and implementing all chemical processes, instrumentation, and equipment to ensure effectiveness in process engineering and design to bring manufacturing/production efforts to scale with maximum efficiency and productivity. Performs directly or through subordinates, trials, tests and/or experiments to support engineering, production and/or R&D activities. Assists manufacturing operations in problem solving with regards to equipment and systems. Develops and recommends new process formulas and technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Responsible, directly and through technicians/subordinates, for ensuring that all plating standards are met, continuous improvement of the processes and procedures, and developing new processes for new products, product transfers, and new process capabilities for operations. Sustaining and continuous improvement include, but are not limited to:
- Quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity, and safety.
- Is responsible for training plating techs.
- Performs and documents, directly or through subordinates, all plating calibrations.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment and follow clean room protocol.
- Must understand best practices for safe handling of chemicals.
- DTO and RCRA training will be required for handling hazardous wastes.
- Works with leadership to continually evaluate current processes and procedures with an intent to improve existing functionality.
- Fosters a culture of discipline and a system approach to problem solving.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong aptitude for software and computers including SAP and MS Office applications, inventory and barcode software or and custom warehouse applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handling and use of hazardous chemicals. Protective equipment is available and must be used for your safety. You will be working in a clean room environment requiring the use of a lab coat, hairnet, booties, facemask, gloves, and eye-protective lenses.
- A strong safety mind set, not only in work practices, but also in identifying issues and proposing corrective actions.
- Ability to work hours based on business and facility needs, which may include skewed schedules with work on weekends and holidays as required.
- Education: BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field and 1-2 years’ experience in Chemical or Semiconductor Industry or related industry.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to identify problems and react quickly.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively manage time and priorities.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
This position will remain open until filled.
The salary ranges corresponding to these roles are as follows:
Chemical Process Engineer II $56,000 - $90,000
Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance, personal time off and other benefits available.