Engineer, IoT Solutions
Location: Melbourne, Australia
The Services team at M2M Group’s is a group of passionate and talented engineers delivering a range of high value services to clients cutting across consulting, design, build, implementation, testing and support of hardware and network solutions that enable machine to machine communications; and building, implementing software systems for business operations like mobile airtime billing.
The Professional Services Engineer shall be responsible for design, development, and support of IOT/M2M solutions for M2M’s customers as part of M2M’s engineering team. He/she will also be responsible for responding and resolving customer support tickets related to the M2M business.
- Help in presales by translating customer’s needs on a technical solution
- Help in planning and estimating multiple customer projects in the hardware & network domain; design, build, test and own delivery of the same
- Maintenance of scripts for the device staging and commissioning services
- Monitor tickets arriving on M2M Service Desk instances, respond and resolve tickets assigned to Services team across hardware, network and other engineering related solutions
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics, Telecommunications or related fields.
- Experience in Python and Lua highly desirable
- Experience in basics electronics is desired
- Total work experience of at least 2 years in the areas of responsibility as described above.
- 1+ years of experience in design, build and support of projects related to transmitting data from edge to cloud.
- Experience monitoring technical Service Desk, troubleshooting and resolving customer issues in conjunction with partners/suppliers.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude; Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; committed individual with a proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Penchant for automation; experience related to automation is desirable.
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.