Field Applications Engineer, Central Europe
Location: Central Europe
Semtech is a supplier of semiconductor solutions for Circuit protection, high speed communication, wireless connectivity, personal sensing and cloud services. Field Application Engineer, Central Europe is embedded in the European sales team.
- Reports to the Director Central Europe and is responsible for revenue generation through sales & new designs, to exceed or meet corporate goals in the designated territory.
- Works with customers and distributors and representative firms in close cooperation with the EU sales team
- Be responsible for generating business opportunities and bringing them to design win
- Be able to recognize & identify key opportunities and position Semtech as the preferred supplier
- Responsible for revenue generation through achieved design wins, lead generation and qualification, and driving new business development
- Build relationships with key persons in the assigned customer base and distribution
- Presents Semtech products and services as a solution in customer’s design activity
- Provides training at internal events, at distributors and supports distributor’s and Rep’s roadshows and customer events
- Helps driving distribution field activities at the branch level, including product training, project tracking and registrations handling
- Interfaces with clients to clearly define product requirements.
- Present technical solutions and actively assist the design group(s) of the clients in developing the processes necessary to drive designs into production
- Works closely with BUs for understanding product features and addressed markets and feedback market requirements seen in the related region.
- Pro-active participation in the development of technical solutions for clients in developing the processes necessary to drive designs into production.
- Maintains project data in CRM (salesforce) in a timely manner to allow meaningful top level reports to be generated.
- BSEE with evidence of continued education / training in the pursuit of continuous acquisition of knowledge related to the industry.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of Analog / Mixed Signal / RF technology, experience with RF networks and cloud a plus
- A minimum of 5 years field experience - hands-on circuit design experience a plus.
- Knowledge in circuit protection, Power Management and RF required
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the value of the Semtech product line to the design engineering community.
- Must be an effective communicator & negotiator with the ability to interface at BU marketing team as well as distributors and customers within an organization, possessing a thorough command of the English language, written as well as verbal.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, with the ability to work in and foster a teamwork environment.
- Requires an entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with pressure.
- Must be receptive to travel as required.
- Fluent in German and English, another European language a plus
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.