Staff Engineer, Automation
Location: Pune, India
Semtech is building a paradigm shifting IoT cloud platform to manage SIM connectivity, 5G Gateways, IoT Data Ingestion for millions of devices. It is being designed with scalability, security, reliability and operational cost at the center.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-platform development environment (Linux, Windows, RasberryPi) and have excellent verbal, written and whiteboard communication skills.
You would be responsible for design, development, integration, and deployment of CI/CD pipeline and Build Automation and deployment configuration for Linux and Windows environments using Python (and/or Groovy) and troubleshooting issues to determine the root cause.
- Develop REST APIs, authentication and authorization of the APIs
- Work on Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Enable Product Automation scripts to be run in CI, triage and debug environment, script related failures on a regular basis.
- Lead development of the infrastructure as to improve quality and efficiency using open-source technologies (Elasticsearch, Grafana) and homegrown tools (React, Python)
- Use the best DevOps practices to optimize the software development process.
- Design, development, integration, and deployment of CI/CD pipelines
- Build Automation and deployment configuration.
- Document defects/improvements observed.
- Bachelor's in computer science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years' work experience as Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in developing products using Python, Shell, Go, Clojure, Node.js, etc
- Experience working with RDBMS or any NoSQL database like DynamoDB, MYSQL, Oracle
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and clearly present complex technical information.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working both independently and within a team.
- Knowledge of software test practices, software engineering, Cloud Technologies discipline
- Knowledge/Working experience with Static Code Analysis, License Check Tools, other Development Process Improvement Tools
- Domain Knowledge on Cellular wireless and WiFi is an asset
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.