Senior Legal Counsel
Splend provides people from all walks of life the freedom to earn an income through flexible, all-inclusive car subscriptions. Our unique products offer rental or rent-to-buy options for rideshare and delivery drivers who work with platforms such as Uber, AmazonFlex and more. Essentially, we empower people to take charge of their own career and earning potential. But we don’t just hand over the keys and wave goodbye; Our turn-key solution takes the admin work out of the equation for drivers and uses data insights to keep them safe, freeing up their precious time for all the important things in life.
Our Positive Impact
We’re fast-tracking our transition into green mobility, reducing our carbon footprint by transitioning to electric and hybrid cars, making us an industry leader for this vitally important environmental change.
Here at Splend, we also believe that it’s our people who bring it all together and that an inclusive workplace is not only the right thing to do, but it is also a business imperative. By fostering a culture of inclusivity, we can attract and retain the best talent, create stronger relationships with our customers, and ultimately drive better business results.
About the Role
Based out of our Sydney HQ, as our Legal Counsel you will be responsible for both our Australian and UK operations. Largely focusing on our customer contract and privacy matters, you will be in charge of all customer related legal aspects of the business, internal legal matters (e.g. contracts) as well as have the opportunity to grow into more risk and commercial areas as the role develops.
As a scale up organisation and a brand new position to our business, this is the ideal opportunity for someone with in house experience looking for a new challenge. It will be hands on, so having more of a generalist and flexible approach would be beneficial.
Here’s more insight to what your day to day will look like:
- Provide general legal support to the business on a range of matters and act as a first point of contact.
- Act as privacy officer for the company.
- Act as company secretary for Board and key committees; minute taking and managing the administration of shareholder resolutions
- Documenting legal processes.
- Manage and respond to all contracts, NDA’s and engagement letters.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team.
What You’ll Bring
- 4-6yrs+ years PQE
- Proven experience with consumer facing litigation and contract management (ideally in a consumer credit environment)
- UK law experience would be great (but not a deal breaker!)
- Have a flexible approach to work; we are an outcome driven business and you will be working across both our Australian and UK groups
- Have ambition to progress within the business as we continue to grow
- Ability to manage workloads, meet deadlines and work independently as well as in a team
- Be proactive and adaptable with a positive and professional attitude
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Performance-based bonus
- Birthday day off on us
- Opportunity to participate in the employee share program (equity)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Novated lease program
- Learning & Development programmes
At Splend, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is respected, valued, and supported. We embrace and celebrate differences in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, and ability, and we actively seek out diverse perspectives and experiences to drive our growth.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to join our team and help us build a more inclusive future. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we invite you to apply!