Risk Administration Manager
Over 30,000 global brands and small businesses, including H&M, Adidas, IKEA, SHEIN, noon, and Bloomingdale’s, use Tabby’s technology to accelerate growth and gain loyal customers by offering flexible payments online and in stores. Tabby is active in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Kuwait and backed by leading investors, including Sequoia Capital India, STV, PayPal Ventures, Mubadala Investment Capital, Arbor Ventures and others.
About the role
We're looking for someone who is passionate about what we're doing within the Buy Now Pay Later landscape. There's a real appetite from both consumers and retailers to utilize the service and reap the benefits that this would offer them. We want to keep this momentum, grow, and enhance our offering. We need to harness the power of data and insights to shape our thinking to collaborate with partners & colleagues to build something that will facilitate real growth and scalability.
You will work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment across all areas of the business, including data analysis and modeling, risk assessment and product management. You will work closely with our Head of Risk to control our risk portfolio and implement new features. You will develop in a culture where we value curiosity, fun, experimentation, and data-driven decision-making.
You’ll be working in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment with the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement comprehensive risk management strategies to identify, assess, and mitigate risks across the organization.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and guidelines set forth by the SAMA and other regulatory bodies relating to risk management. Ensure Tabby is in full compliance with applicable requirements pertaining to risk management.
- Conduct thorough risk assessments and maintain risk registers to identify and prioritize potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Implement and monitor risk controls and mitigation measures to reduce exposure to potential threats.
- Maintain detailed records of risk management activities and prepare reports for senior management, auditors, and regulatory authorities as required.
- Collaborate with the internal audit and compliance teams to facilitate periodic risk assessments and audit processes.
- Initiate the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) for each business unit and support line, assign and implement the appropriate risk response for each operational risk identified in the business and support in periodic reviews.
- Ensure that the operational risk impact of new products, systems and processes is assessed and understood prior to their launch/implementation (ensure that the respective RCSA are appropriately updated).
- Supervising the monitoring of the implementation, the corrective measures and risk responses for the risks that are identified and monitored at all units and the periodic escalation of any delay in their implementation.
- Preparing periodic reports that need to be submitted periodically or cases that need to be presented to the Risk Management Committee.
You should apply if you have/are:
- Saudi Nationals only
- 4+ years of working experience in risk management, preferably in a banking or financial institution setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master's degree or relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Risk Manager) is a plus.
- Outstanding expertise in regulatory requirements, SAMA guidelines, and other pertinent regulations.
- Profound grasp of risk management strategy, principles, controls, and related aspects.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities.
- Experience with data analysis techniques and software is a plus.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments. Ask incisive questions and have an intellectual curiosity. You have a structured approach to problem-solving alongside strong quantitative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- A real excitement for what we’re doing here at Tabby.
What you can expect
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- A working environment that gives you autonomy and responsibility from day one.
- You should be comfortable with the idea that the quality of your work will influence the shape of your career.
- Participation in company’s employee stock options program.
- Health Insurance
We are passionate about creating an inclusive, high-performing workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you!